The Student Room Group

About Undergraduate Education in UK

Hello guys, I am an International student from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I completed my IGCSEs/O Levels in January 2016 with 4A*s 3A's and 1C (in English) and completed my A levels in January 2018 with 1 A in Mathematics and 2B's in Physics and Chemistry. So I was planning to apply to other countries and it was already too late and I couldn't apply to UK for the fall of 2018. The degree I want to pursue is Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, or probably related programs are my second choice, but I wanted to apply to UK for this January 2019. I don't want very top tier universities as they are a bit expensive for me, my budget for tuition would probably be around 16000-17000 GBP/year at max. Can anyone help me out? I'm kind of getting confused as I can't find much information on my own. I am open to suggestions of all sorts. Thank you in advance!
Original post by tasinrabbani06
Hello guys, I am an International student from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I completed my IGCSEs/O Levels in January 2016 with 4A*s 3A's and 1C (in English) and completed my A levels in January 2018 with 1 A in Mathematics and 2B's in Physics and Chemistry. So I was planning to apply to other countries and it was already too late and I couldn't apply to UK for the fall of 2018. The degree I want to pursue is Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, or probably related programs are my second choice, but I wanted to apply to UK for this January 2019. I don't want very top tier universities as they are a bit expensive for me, my budget for tuition would probably be around 16000-17000 GBP/year at max. Can anyone help me out? I'm kind of getting confused as I can't find much information on my own. I am open to suggestions of all sorts. Thank you in advance!

Academic years typically run from Septemeber/ Oct to June.
A few unis run 2 term rather than 3 terms and a jan start but I think its rare.

These are the unis still with paces for 2018, but if you cant find a course then look at the 2019 entries and not just clearance.

This is just clearance.
https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Engineering&AutoSuggestType=subjectslist&SearchType=searchbarbutton&PreviouslyAppliedFilters=S_1_Aerospace+engineering__S_2_Aeronautical+engineering__V_0_eng__&AcademicYearId=2018&ClearingOptOut=False&vacancy-rb=rbb&filters=Vacancy_eng&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&filters=Subject_Aerospace+engineering-P-Engineering&filters=Subject_Aeronautical+engineering-P-Engineering&SubjectText=&filters=StudyModeMapped_Full-time&DistanceFromPostcode=1mi&RegionDistancePostcode=&SortOrder=ProviderAtoZ&CurrentView=Provider&__RequestVerificationToken=NgBmBOwebkeyL7AwZdjAVRNLs8dOYvwohbh7VUC6ROgHgg5mhpuE3ldwXmGRKmOC4AEXDN9QscXSs3USxJJK8A_mZd3eU3jhn6Z0hi6FpWI1

This is 2019

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Engineering&AutoSuggestType=subjectslist&SearchType=searchbarbutton&PreviouslyAppliedFilters=SMM_3_Full-time__S_1_Aerospace+engineering__S_2_Aeronautical+engineering__V_0_eng__&AcademicYearId=2019&ClearingOptOut=False&vacancy-rb=rbb&filters=Vacancy_eng&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&filters=Subject_Aerospace+engineering-P-Engineering&filters=Subject_Aeronautical+engineering-P-Engineering&SubjectText=&filters=StudyModeMapped_Full-time&DistanceFromPostcode=1mi&RegionDistancePostcode=&SortOrder=ProviderAtoZ&CurrentView=Provider&__RequestVerificationToken=XS7s3hlA2_T_FcvhCjAc-gl6PBYhIt_QGSCpkkq1dYrhuRhFRcQ1SA_xp7A5rqMjtWc8SM-IeXakv2px5Hzbf29rc8CcI5uUE8N_5qLfGFw1

You can see the fees if you click on the course. The better medium ones are more in the region of £18-22. There are some in your price range.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending