Smudge71
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I know there was 2 papers sat in English Language. My daughters paper was due to be sent off for a remark due to her only being a few points off the next grade. Since the start of the new school term the headmaster has changed the schools criteria and is only sending papers off that were one mark off the next grade. I have challenged this and I’m covering the cost myself. After speaking to the exams officer today she stated that only one paper is being returned for remark, I challenged this but she insisted there was only one paper for language. Surely they can’t just remark one paper and not both to get a true grading.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Smudge71)
Hi I know there was 2 papers sat in English Language. My daughters paper was due to be sent off for a remark due to her only being a few points off the next grade. Since the start of the new school term the headmaster has changed the schools criteria and is only sending papers off that were one mark off the next grade. I have challenged this and I’m covering the cost myself. After speaking to the exams officer today she stated that only one paper is being returned for remark, I challenged this but she insisted there was only one paper for language. Surely they can’t just remark one paper and not both to get a true grading.
Are they paying or you? If you want just pay for both or the other paper.

Depends on the exam board.

This is AQA specification at a glance for English language gcse.

2 papers + 1x NEA

If only one is returned they will just keep the mark already made with the other.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engl...on-at-a-glance

The most likely outcome is still no change, but you cant get much closer if they have made a remark. I think 1-3 its worth a look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads