About Undergrad Education in UK Watch

tasinrabbani06
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello guys, I am an International student from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I completed my IGCSEs/O Levels in January 2016 and completed my A levels in January 2018 with 1 A in Mathematics and 2B's in Physics and Chemistry. I also got a 7 in my IELTS. So I was planning to apply to other countries and it was already too late and I couldn't apply to UK for the fall of 2018. The degree I want to pursue is Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, or probably related programs are my second choice, but I wanted to apply to UK for this January 2019. I don't want very top tier universities as they are a bit expensive for me, my budget for tuition would probably be around 16000-17000 GBP/year at max. Can anyone help me out? I'm kind of getting confused as I can't find much information on my own. I am open to suggestions of all sorts. Thank you in advance!
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by tasinrabbani06)
Hello guys, I am an International student from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I completed my IGCSEs/O Levels in January 2016 and completed my A levels in January 2018 with 1 A in Mathematics and 2B's in Physics and Chemistry. I also got a 7 in my IELTS. So I was planning to apply to other countries and it was already too late and I couldn't apply to UK for the fall of 2018. The degree I want to pursue is Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, or probably related programs are my second choice, but I wanted to apply to UK for this January 2019. I don't want very top tier universities as they are a bit expensive for me, my budget for tuition would probably be around 16000-17000 GBP/year at max. Can anyone help me out? I'm kind of getting confused as I can't find much information on my own. I am open to suggestions of all sorts. Thank you in advance!
Very few universities have a January entry. If you apply now it will be for entry in September.

Look at any aero engineering ranking and methodically check through them for fees and entry requirements to put a short list together.

Eg. https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...%20Engineering

The ones nearer the bottom of the list are likely to be cheaper, and have lower entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
As Doonesbury said, UK universities don't tend to have January entry.

Regarding costs, stay outside of London and it will be easier to keep within the budget, though that said you may still have difficulties with most 'better' unis. If you could stretch your budget to 20-21,000, then that would enable you to study at most good universities, with the exception of Oxbridge and the better London universities. From what I remember, Scottish unis also have somewhat lower international fees so those would also be worth looking at.

You may also wish to consider retaking your B grade subjects to get an A in each.
MclarenP1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
As Doonesbury said, UK universities don't tend to have January entry.

Regarding costs, stay outside of London and it will be easier to keep within the budget, though that said you may still have difficulties with most 'better' unis. If you could stretch your budget to 20-21,000, then that would enable you to study at most good universities, with the exception of Oxbridge and the better London universities. From what I remember, Scottish unis also have somewhat lower international fees so those would also be worth looking at.

You may also wish to consider retaking your B grade subjects to get an A in each.
I got into birmingham for beng with ABB even tho course asked for AAB maybe cos also am international
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MclarenP1)
I got into birmingham for beng with ABB even tho course asked for AAB maybe cos also am international
It's not uncommon for universities to allow a 1 or even 2 grade miss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.95%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (147)
16.63%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.62%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.88%

Watched Threads