Can someone help me in pure maths Watch

PrincessDiaries
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi!can someone advise me what to do for pure maths?i have my exams in three months and I haven't stares the question paper.can someone please give me advice
TurboZX453
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Physicsandmathstutor.com
PrincessDiaries
Rep:
?
(Original post by TurboZX453)
Physicsandmathstutor.com
that's for maths.im looking for pure maths
CodeGhoul
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by PrincessDiaries)
that's for maths.im looking for pure maths
same thing. pure math is a branch of math.
_Mia101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi!can someone advise me what to do for pure maths?i have my exams in three months and I haven't stares the question paper.can someone please give me advice
Is it GCSEs or A - levels?
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What spec are you doing? Is there any particular topic you struggle with? Lastly just to clarify, is this for A-level maths?
PrincessDiaries
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
Is it GCSEs or A - levels?
Gcse
PrincessDiaries
Rep:
?
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
What spec are you doing? Is there any particular topic you struggle with? Lastly just to clarify, is this for A-level maths?
Igcse/GCSEs and I'm struggling at quadratic equations,logs,calculus,trigonom etric equations and equation and graphs and also mensuration
_Mia101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Gcse
Well, are you in year 10 or 11? If you are in year 10 I could help you. But if you are in year 11 then you should try looking at some practice papers and then use the mark scheme and go through the mark scheme to see and understand the working. For the ones that you really don't understand you should ask your classmates and teachers.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Igcse/GCSEs and I'm struggling at quadratic equations,logs,calculus,trigonom etric equations and equation and graphs and also mensuration
Okay so those topics are a few which a few students struggle with. Can I ask if you understand the basic rules these topics follow? e.g. knowing how to use quadratic formula, completing the square and finding discriminant to show if there are real roots of an equation? Similarly in logs you might've studied log10 and ln etc? What sort of trigonometric equations are you on about, are these the basic ones e.g. cos^2 x + sin^2 x = 1 and tan x = sinx / cosx? If you can tell what spec you follow, I can link you to some pages to help you with these specific topics.
PrincessDiaries
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
Well, are you in year 10 or 11? If you are in year 10 I could help you. But if you are in year 11 then you should try looking at some practice papers and then use the mark scheme and go through the mark scheme to see and understand the working. For the ones that you really don't understand you should ask your classmates and teachers.
I'm in year 11 and thanks for the advice but my teacher is a mean guy who yells at me for asking questions
PrincessDiaries
Rep:
?
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
Okay so those topics are a few which a few students struggle with. Can I ask if you understand the basic rules these topics follow? e.g. knowing how to use quadratic formula, completing the square and finding discriminant to show if there are real roots of an equation? Similarly in logs you might've studied log10 and ln etc? What sort of trigonometric equations are you on about, are these the basic ones e.g. cos^2 x + sin^2 x = 1 and tan x = sinx / cosx? If you can tell what spec you follow, I can link you to some pages to help you with these specific topics.
I'm in igcse Edexcel and yeah I'm talking about those but I don't know how to do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads