Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DarthRoar)
Depends on the point of view.
A few? Lol. And not even just middle eastern countries 😂

It’s literally haram. It’s unacceptable to murder who cares about others point of view
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kangaroo17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Here we go again. We give charity to everyone. Non musljms and Muslims. In Ramadan, we do focus a little more on Muslim countries but doesnt mean we dont care about everyone else. Everyone is God’s creation and they’re equal
They are equal until it comes to death. Then we go to hell, you go to heaven. How is god loving in that aspect?

Sorry if i'm harsh, but its the truth. Im sure you are a good person, but it's these tiny things that make me feel uneased.
Last edited by Kangaroo17; 5 months ago
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Professional G)
I mean I know there are Muslims terrorists and all but I’m mostly targeting the responses that call them radicals or they avoid mentioning Muslims or Islam. I think we should call them as they are. Avoiding their main motive won’t do any good and is a way of deflecting or avoiding the problem. As soon as we can call them what they are then we can deal with the problem.
When a Muslim commits a terrorist attack , we call them TERRORIST. You should probs focus on news that call these white shooters mentally ill and not murders/terrorists like they are. You keep changing what you’re saying. The thread is going off topic as usual
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
A few? Lol. And not even just middle eastern countries 😂

It’s literally haram. It’s unacceptable to murder who cares about others point of view
You’re not the problem. You know it’s wrong to murder. However there’s many Muslims (and other religious people) who think that using murder as a form of defending their religions justifies their action in eyes of Allah
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
They are equal until it comes to death. Then we go to hell, you go to heaven.
Not all Muslims do but ok. And there are non Muslims who go heaven anyway. There are stories about it ok. That’s how religion works. Don’t obey the creator then you get punished
Rainfall
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You’re not the problem. You know it’s wrong to murder. However there’s many Muslims (and other religious people) who think that using murder as a form of defending their religions justifies their action in eyes of Allah
No they’re doing it cause of war. They’re not even thinking about god. They’re doing it as revenge just like the marines who are bombing Syria as we speak
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Indeed. A problem can’t be tackled if people deny its source, which in this case often is the religious scripture itself and how it’s interpreted.
Golden State
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
Tbh, its islam itself. The fact that the Quran is supposedly 'infallible' makes it seem like the ultimate truth, and unlike the bible for example, which doesn't say its the ultimate word of god. This basically means muslims believe it outright - including parts where kafirs go to hell (what a loving god ) and idolators/non-muslims should be killed/supressed, but fighting in 'self-defence' is also important?

Idk how the quran is infallible when it was written by humans. why can't they accept the vast probability its not infallible? Because it says so.
What a good trap system seriously.

Islam has its pros and cons.
The cons outweigh the pros.
Professional G
Rep:
?
No they’re doing it cause of war. They’re not even thinking about god. They’re doing it as revenge just like the marines who are bombing Syria as we speak
But they associating their religion to whatever war they’re fighting. Just like if a Christian fights to defend their land from invaders, these terrorists are doing the same. The west is primarily Christian with America being seen as a Christian nation and they see it as an attack on Islam.
HAnwar3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
They’re muslims but theyre bad Muslims that’s all we’re saying. lets be honest here, it’s always everyone else that brings that up and not Muslims. but whatever
Lol that last part is so true.
Golden State
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No religion is perfect, nor is it above criticism.

Once religionists realise that, the world becomes a better place.
username3089818
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
A worrying trend I see is how terrorists are striking the west more frequently however a more worrying trend is emerging. The denial of their ideology. Yes these terrorists are Muslim and yes they are following a (warped) version of Islam.

I’m not saying they represent all Muslims or even most but by denying their very religion and the main reason why they are committing these atrocities, you are shifting the blame away from the culprits.
True change only will happen if the community, not the government, accepts that Islam being warped and acts. This could mean Imams speaking out against terror groups and focus on bringing all the community together and promoting unity across all religions.
Their ideology is not being denied,all of the muslim community know of the disgusting acts they commit in the name of "Islam",when if they were questioned regarding the fundamental acts of faith they would not know.Frankly they have no ideology to follow,the people they have horrifically murdered cowardly is not what Islam had taught,no innocent should have been killed in these gruesome acts and yet they are which immediately takes them out of the fold of Islam as killing a person unjustly is major sin.if anyone should be blamed it should be these people who give a bad name to Islam because of their sickening mentality who think its OK to go around ramming into people who go about their normal lives.There is simply no reason to commit any action like this.

The community does not need to accept that Islam is a "warped" religion because it is not.It is the people who are "warped" who have not been taught any better regarding their religion.I work in an Islamic school,I sit in on their Islamic lessons,and coming form a non-islamic background the things these boys are taught are simply amazing:they are taught to follow the path of their Prophet Muhammad who is the best of examples an honest,peaceful man who would have condemned these acts had he been alive today simply because what these people do is simply not from the character of a true Muslim.Sure you may call them a "Muslim" but only doing what is obligatory does not make a person a true believer and thus it can be safely assumed that these people are not true muslims.

I have been to many open days to different mosques,and during the weekends I regularly attend talks at the local mosque designed to improve the character of adults.I have been to a talk held specifically around terrorism and how the Islamic schools,mosques are all trying to steer people back to the correct way,they teach the teens that this is not what Islam teaches,at all the talks I have attended at different mosques all the preachers have strongly condemned these attacks .

The two schools that I have worked with in the past have held open inter-faith days,fundraisers open to all the community,donate extensively to "Save the Children","Samaritans",hold coffee mornings,so in my opinion the muslim community does do enough it is people like us who are scared of them and have an "us and you" attitude.

From my experience I have found them to be genuine and good people who feel their image has been ruined ever since the recent attacks,in fact I have seen a group of Imams crying because they feel shunned by the non-muslim community who feel they are the source of all evil in the world.
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
When a Muslim commits a terrorist attack , we call them TERRORIST. You should probs focus on news that call these white shooters mentally ill and not murders/terrorists like they are. You keep changing what you’re saying. The thread is going off topic as usual
thats because the muslim committing the terrorist attack is yelling allah akbar before doing so...
people in isis want to turn the whole world into sharia law, which is a political aim
people in isis decide to blow people up for political gain, which is the exact definition of terrorism

people dont call mentally ill shooters terrorist, because they are shooting people becuase they are mentally ill. their attacks often have nothing to do with political gain or anything, thats why they call them mentally ill
username3089818
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
thats because the muslim committing the terrorist attack is yelling allah akbar before doing so...
people in isis want to turn the whole world into sharia law, which is a political aim
people in isis decide to blow people up for political gain, which is the exact definition of terrorism

people dont call mentally ill shooters terrorist, because they are shooting people becuase they are mentally ill. their attacks often have nothing to do with political gain or anything, thats why they call them mentally ill
???
whats the difference between a muslim,a person frm isis and a shooter who shoots pppl
Professional G
Rep:
?
(Original post by RJomana)
Their ideology is not being denied,all of the muslim community know of the disgusting acts they commit in the name of "Islam",when if they were questioned regarding the fundamental acts of faith they would not know.Frankly they have no ideology to follow,the people they have horrifically murdered cowardly is not what Islam had taught,no innocent should have been killed in these gruesome acts and yet they are which immediately takes them out of the fold of Islam as killing a person unjustly is major sin.if anyone should be blamed it should be these people who give a bad name to Islam because of their sickening mentality who think its OK to go around ramming into people who go about their normal lives.There is simply no reason to commit any action like this.

The community does not need to accept that Islam is a "warped" religion because it is not.It is the people who are "warped" who have not been taught any better regarding their religion.I work in an Islamic school,I sit in on their Islamic lessons,and coming form a non-islamic background the things these boys are taught are simply amazing:they are taught to follow the path of their Prophet Muhammad who is the best of examples an honest,peaceful man who would have condemned these acts had he been alive today simply because what these people do is simply not from the character of a true Muslim.Sure you may call them a "Muslim" but only doing what is obligatory does not make a person a true believer and thus it can be safely assumed that these people are not true muslims.

I have been to many open days to different mosques,and during the weekends I regularly attend talks at the local mosque designed to improve the character of adults.I have been to a talk held specifically around terrorism and how the Islamic schools,mosques are all trying to steer people back to the correct way,they teach the teens that this is not what Islam teaches,at all the talks I have attended at different mosques all the preachers have strongly condemned these attacks .

The two schools that I have worked with in the past have held open inter-faith days,fundraisers open to all the community,donate extensively to "Save the Children","Samaritans",hold coffee mornings,so in my opinion the muslim community does do enough it is people like us who are scared of them and have an "us and you" attitude.

From my experience I have found them to be genuine and good people who feel their image has been ruined ever since the recent attacks,in fact I have seen a group of Imams crying because they feel shunned by the non-muslim community who feel they are the source of all evil in the world.
I’m not saying they are following true Islam but different Islam to what many other Muslims are following. It’s human nature to be scared. People who haven’t met a Muslim in their life hear terror attacks in the name of Islam as their first impressions. Of course, they will be scared and frightened. There are Muslims out there who are fighting against radicalism however equally there are Muslims out there who openly promote it to no opposition.
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by RJomana)
???
whats the difference between a muslim,a person frm isis and a shooter who shoots pppl
they often have different motives? did u even read my post
their motives define whether they are a terrorist or not...
username3089818
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m not saying they are following true Islam but different Islam to what many other Muslims are following. It’s human nature to be scared. People who haven’t met a Muslim in their life hear terror attacks in the name of Islam as their first impressions. Of course, they will be scared and frightened. There are Muslims out there who are fighting against radicalism however equally there are Muslims out there who openly promote it to no opposition.
However you have never heard of those who condemn such attacks,and then ppl think that the community is not doing enough.
username3089818
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
they often have different motives? did u even read my post
their motives define whether they are a terrorist or not...
No a muslim is someone who wants to be free to practice his religion,a person from isis is someone who creates his own version of Islam and thinks its OK to do acts like these when its simply not,and a shooter is a "mentally challenged" person who with the right helo could have gone on to achieve greater things just as the signs were appearing this can be applied to the isis person too had the warning signs been recognised there would be no terrorism.both the shooter and terrprist had motive to hurt someone for no reaosn so No I DON'T THINK EITHER OF THEM ARE DIFFERENT FROM EACHOTHER,both cause fear.
Humble Ahm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sure they are muslims, blowing mosques, killing school children, killing innocent men and women (who also by the way are muslims), illegal sexual relations, rape, alcohol consumption, worshipping money and power.
busquets
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I mean I know there are Muslims terrorists and all but I’m mostly targeting the responses that call them radicals or they avoid mentioning Muslims or Islam. I think we should call them as they are. Avoiding their main motive won’t do any good and is a way of deflecting or avoiding the problem. As soon as we can call them what they are then we can deal with the problem.
Well it's clear you don't even know the problem. Educate yourself first.

They are radicals, they follow ideologies like Salafism and Wahhabism which is funded heavily by Saudi Arabia, the country we do business with.

Furthermore, terrorism as a whole is not a massive deal. There. I said it. Al-Qaeda are gone, ISIS is soon gone and the attacks now are lone wolf attacks that kill very few if any.

The problem is complicated, it's not simply a matter of religion. You trying to divert it and brutalise the muslim community for trying to disassociate themselves from terrorists and murderers is disgusting and pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I find it also funny how someone who glorifies "roadmen", who actually go around stabbing people because of their postcode, is saying all this. Why dont you solve the issues within your own community first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads