Accept that Terrorists can be Muslim Watch

Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by RJomana)
No a muslim is someone who wants to be free to practice his religion,a person from isis is someone who creates his own version of Islam and thinks its OK to do acts like these when its simply not,and a shooter is a "mentally challenged" person who with the right helo could have gone on to achieve greater things just as the signs were appearing this can be applied to the isis person too had the warning signs been recognised there would be no terrorism.both the shooter and terrprist had motive to hurt someone for no reaosn so No I DON'T THINK EITHER OF THEM ARE DIFFERENT FROM EACHOTHER,both cause fear.
no you dont know what youre talking about, you need to lookup the defintion of terrorism, it specifically states that its only for pursuit of political gains.
your arguement about whether isis are true muslims is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with this...
they both cause fear, they both have motive to hurt someone, neither do it for no reason - that would make no sense, and only 1 out of the 2 commits these acts in pursuit of political aim.. you dont understand what terrorism is, no wonder half the population are deluded and stick racism on everything in the media.
mentally challenged people dont kill people for political gain, there is a reason we know they are mentally challenged, its really not that hard to understand.
Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Muslims are literally always going on about how terrorists followed a warped version and that they have interpreted Islam in the wrong way. What you said isn’t anything knew. Muslim communities are constantly having assemblies that condemn these attacks. Just because you don’t hear about them doesn’t mean they don’t happen. People that don’t accept the terrorists being muslim is because they whole heartedly believe that Islam condemns murder of any kind. Why exactly do you think they need to “accept” that terrorists are Muslims ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Humble Ahm)
Sure they are muslims, blowing mosques, killing school children, killing innocent men and women (who also by the way are muslims), illegal sexual relations, rape, alcohol consumption, worshipping money and power.
They are Muslims, but much different to your normal Muslim. A more corrupt, warped brainwashed, violent, psychopathic kind of muslim.
Professional G
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wooord)
Muslims are literally always going on about how terrorists followed a warped version and that they have interpreted Islam in the wrong way. What you said isn’t anything knew. Muslim communities are constantly having assemblies that condemn these attacks. Just because you don’t hear about them doesn’t mean they don’t happen. People that don’t accept the terrorists being muslim is because they whole heartedly believe that Islam condemns murder of any kind. Why exactly do you think they need to “accept” that terrorists are Muslims ?
I’m saying that there’s a confusion on what Islam represents. To Muslims and non Muslims. You got some Muslims who have tried to denounce these terrorists as deluded however you also have others who believe that these terrorists are doing good and support them. The community is literally split. They need to accept that there’s a problem with how some Muslims are interpreting the Koran and should strive to correct the misinformed. If this means isolating radicals or speaking out on those who seek to radicalise then it should be necessary
busquets
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Professional G)
They are Muslims, but much different to your normal Muslim. A more corrupt, warped brainwashed, violent, psychopathic kind of muslim.
And yet here you are, desperate to establish a connection between everyday normal muslims and murderers.
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
no you dont know what youre talking about, you need to lookup the defintion of terrorism, it specifically states that its only for pursuit of political gains.
your arguement about whether isis are true muslims is irrelevant, it has nothing to do with this...
they both cause fear, they both have motive to hurt someone, neither do it for no reason - that would make no sense, and only 1 out of the 2 commits these acts in pursuit of political aim.. you dont understand what terrorism is, no wonder half the population are deluded and stick racism on everything in the media.
mentally challenged people dont kill people for political gain, there is a reason we know they are mentally challenged, its really not that hard to understand.
What political gain is there to gain if the person will be condemned and hated for the rest of his life except some attention for a few days,a week at maximum?
The argument about them is relevant as people refer to them as "muslims" when really they are not,what normal muslim goes around ramming into people.if all the muslims did so we will all be dead.
How do you know that there is a reason behind the attacks by ISIS?
Both gain attention from the media,people and so both are opportunists and thus BOTH have political aims.
Half the population si not deluded because you dont know half the population and those that you probably have met are not trying to make you believe terrorism is right!
I have not struck racism into this arguement simply because Islam is not a race and neither am I a muslim,I am sticking up for my students who becausse of peopel like you feel shunned by society.
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Hateocracy)
visit the ISOC on any day theres a major terrorist attack and you have sympathisers crying about the attackers not being true muslims
ISOC thinks every Muslim who disagrees with them is not a true Muslim.
Professional G
Rep:
?
(Original post by busquets)
And yet here you are, desperate to establish a connection between everyday normal muslims and murderers.
Who said I am? Please read my post. I heavily highlighted the difference between your average Muslims and the radicalised ones. Plus you think that I idolises roadmen? Despite previous posts calling them a waste in society and having thrown their lives away?
Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’m saying that there’s a confusion on what Islam represents. To Muslims and non Muslims. You got some Muslims who have tried to denounce these terrorists as deluded however you also have others who believe that these terrorists are doing good and support them. The community is literally split. They need to accept that there’s a problem with how some Muslims are interpreting the Koran and should strive to correct the misinformed. If this means isolating radicals or speaking out on those who seek to radicalise then it should be necessary
It’s not an equal “split”. An overwhelming amount of Muslims condemn terrorism. I live in Bradford and have never ever met anyone that even shows the slightest sympathy towards terrorists. They know that there is some problem on how some Muslims interpret the Quran, they literally go one about it, but no one listens. What exactly are they suppose to do ? If they speak out they are accused of taqqia or propaganda, if they don’t they are terrorist sympathizers. Its not like they know terrorists personally that they can just say “you have interpreted the Quran wrong”. Before the Manchester attack, the terrorists Muslim neighbours and the people he went to mosque with, reported him. No one did anything.
username3089818
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Constantine2018)
ISOC thinks every Muslim who disagrees with them is not a true Muslim.
well if a person is going around killing people I wouldnt call them a true muslim eitehr
busquets
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It’s not an equal “split”. An overwhelming amount of Muslims condemn terrorism. I live in Bradford and have never ever met anyone that even shows the slightest sympathy towards terrorists. They know that there is some problem on how some Muslims interpret the Quran, they literally go one about it, but no one listens. What exactly are they suppose to do ? If they speak out they are accused of taqqia or propaganda, if they don’t they are terrorist sympathizers. Its not like they know terrorists personally that they can just say “you have interpreted the Quran wrong”. Before the Manchester attack, the terrorists Muslim neighbours and the people he went to mosque with, reported him. No one did anything.
Ignore OP. You dont have to explain yourself to idiotic islamophobes.
Gent2324
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What political gain is there to gain if the person will be condemned and hated for the rest of his life except some attention for a few days,a week at maximum?
The argument about them is relevant as people refer to them as "muslims" when really they are not,what normal muslim goes around ramming into people.if all the muslims did so we will all be dead.
How do you know that there is a reason behind the attacks by ISIS?
Both gain attention from the media,people and so both are opportunists and thus BOTH have political aims.
Half the population si not deluded because you dont know half the population and those that you probably have met are not trying to make you believe terrorism is right!
I have not struck racism into this arguement simply because Islam is not a race and neither am I a muslim,I am sticking up for my students who becausse of peopel like you feel shunned by society.
holy **** you really dont get it do you, im going to have to try really hard to explain this so you can actually understand
isis culture basically wants to kill people in the west as they are not muslim, they want to overthrow the government etc, and to do that they will be suicide bombers - making the leaders and the country look **** becasue they cant protect themselves, and they are spreading their culture elsewhere

"What political gain is there to gain if the person will be condemned and hated for the rest of his life except some attention for a few days,a week at maximum?"
few weeks maximum? you heard of 9/11? you heard of the 7/7 bombings? you heard of bin laden? pretty sure that all happened more than a week ago

"The argument about them is relevant as people refer to them as "muslims" when really they are not,what normal muslim goes around ramming into people.if all the muslims did so we will all be dead." - have you even read the quran? there is mountains of hatred and misogyny and barbaric practices, dont pretend that doesnt exist. isis are more of a muslim than most muslims nowadays, but actually 50% of muslims believe in sharia law so yes it is actually a very dangerous threat to spread this kind of culture around the world, call me a racist i dont care, if sharia law is spread around the world then we dont have long left.

"How do you know that there is a reason behind the attacks by ISIS?"
- because no one goes and blows themselves up for no reason? do you seriously think that members of isis just randomly bomb people with no thought or reasoning? you seem to think everything revolves around you, there might not be a reason to you, but there is a very stong meaning to them.

"Both gain attention from the media,people and so both are opportunists and thus BOTH have political aims."
as i said you need to research what political gains means and terrorism means, attention from the media has nothing to do with this. a mentally ill person doesnt shoot people so they can change the laws of the country....

"I have not struck racism into this arguement simply because Islam is not a race and neither am I a muslim,I am sticking up for my students who becausse of peopel like you feel shunned by society"
ok? when did i say all muslims are terrorists? when did i say i hate all muslims? youre twisting my words now and playing the victim...

do your research about the meaning of terrorism and politcs because you have no idea what ur talking about
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
well if a person is going around killing people I wouldnt call them a true muslim eitehr
Na. They don’t just call terrorists non-Muslims. They also call sufis, ahmadis and other Islamic sects not ‘true Muslims’ either.
busquets
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Who said I am? Please read my post. I heavily highlighted the difference between your average Muslims and the radicalised ones. Plus you think that I idolises roadmen? Despite previous posts calling them a waste in society and having thrown their lives away?
Are you so intellectually incapable of replying to the entirety of my post?

You still haven't given a reasonable explanation as to why you're so hellbent on the idea of labelling terrorists as muslim. Everyone knows that theyre doing it based on an extreme radical interpretation of Islam. That's obvious. Come up with something more critical.
Shakiras Law
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This entire thread is a circlejerk lmfao any more whitewashing and this thread will be more undercooked than Sunday roast
Professional G
Rep:
?
Okay. You’re right in saying it’s not a equal split. I live in one of the most south Asian areas in London. Literally every shop around me is south Asian plus there’s plenty of mosques in my area. I’ve known many Muslims in my life and even they have mentioned how terrorism isn’t accepted. I think a lot of what you are saying is true tbh. I would say it’s a problem for both sides.
Professional G
Rep:
?
Ignore OP. You dont have to explain yourself to idiotic islamophobes.
Read my latest post
Professional G
Rep:
?
Are you so intellectually incapable of replying to the entirety of my post?

You still haven't given a reasonable explanation as to why you're so hellbent on the idea of labelling terrorists as muslim. Everyone knows that theyre doing it based on an extreme radical interpretation of Islam. That's obvious. Come up with something more critical.
Hellbent? I just want to suggest something. If anything you are the one being rude. Just cause I mentioned how the recent terrorists just happen to be Muslim, I am a islamophobe? Wouldn’t you have liked it if I came out sprouting anti Islam rhetoric like a true islamophobe or better yet, calling all Muslims terrorists and call for a ban on burkas?
busquets
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Read my latest post
No offence mate but ive seen you a lot here. You're so desperate to seem neutral and centrist that it's basically pathetic. You don't actually know much about the topics you're discussing so you end up blabbering and then changing what you say. You're embarrassing yourself here.

No one is denying that these terrorists do it under the name of their religion. But the religion very clearly says to follow the rules of the land as well as a bunch of other bits that is against the killing of innocent. So it's completely for a muslim to dissociate their moderate following of islam to the extremists salafists, wahhabists etc. Furthermore, not only do they dissociate, they denounce that too.

Now, I would try and educate you but you're too ignorant, stupid and arrogant to care. You're just too busy appearing neutral. Im not being rude, that's just my honest opinion based on your posts.
busquets
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hellbent? I just want to suggest something. If anything you are the one being rude. Just cause I mentioned how the recent terrorists just happen to be Muslim, I am a islamophobe? Wouldn’t you have liked it if I came out sprouting anti Islam rhetoric like a true islamophobe or better yet, calling all Muslims terrorists and call for a ban on burkas?
Answer the question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%