Engineering at cambridge with no further maths

Watch
tddsrt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm hoping to apply to the engineering course at cambridge but I just dropped further maths and am only taking an AS (I just started Y13). I am taking maths, chemistry and physics as my other 3 but I am worried that this won't be enough and am considering changing it to Natural sciences. However I much prefer engineering as a subject and have a genuine interest in it.
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....es/engineering

If you have a genuine interest in the course, you can still get onto it. The website states that, if you have not done the full A level, having done the AS level content should be sufficient.

You may be asked to sit some of the STEP Papers.
tddsrt
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....es/engineering

If you have a genuine interest in the course, you can still get onto it. The website states that, if you have not done the full A level, having done the AS level content should be sufficient.

You may be asked to sit some of the STEP Papers.
Thanks for the reply. I also saw that but in practise I hear that they favour further maths quite a lot in full. Also the engineering course seems so competitive with 7 applicants per place that natural sciences seems so much more appealing (assuming I can write a good PS for it).
vicvic38
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tddsrt)
Thanks for the reply. I also saw that but in practise I hear that they favour further maths quite a lot in full. Also the engineering course seems so competitive with 7 applicants per place that natural sciences seems so much more appealing (assuming I can write a good PS for it).
Don't apply for a course that you aren't going to absolutely love studying, especially at Cambridge. The environment is so pressurised, you'll crash and burn.
tddsrt
Rep:
?
(Original post by vicvic38)
Don't apply for a course that you aren't going to absolutely love studying, especially at Cambridge. The environment is so pressurised, you'll crash and burn.
Okay well thanks for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise