How should i feel about friends forgetting my birthday? Watch

idek360
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
i’m not one of these people who makes a massive deal about birthdays anymore, turning 19 is nothing big to me, i see my last big birthday as being 21. but that’s not the point, the only thing i expect from the people i talk most to is a ‘happy birthday’ but i haven’t even gotten that, i’ve gotten happy birthday messages from loads of other people who i don’t consider friends but my main few friends haven’t even dmed me or anything. i feel kinda crappy about it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
People forget my birthday every year, it's not really a big deal. It sometimes feels like a chore trying to say happy birthday to them and expecting them to say it back. Maybe they simply forgot or they don't check Facebook.

The only people I say it to now is my family, best friend and girlfriend. That's all that matters really.
idek360
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
People forget my birthday every year, it's not really a big deal. It sometimes feels like a chore trying to say happy birthday to them and expecting them to say it back.

The only people I say it to now is my family, best friend and girlfriend. That's all that matters really.
yeah i guess that might be the best approach to take nowadays, i remember the days of getting 50+ happy birthday messages on facebook. nothing of it means anything you’re right it’s a chore
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
I JUST had the same exact situation as you happen... it was my 19th too. Tbh a few of them got back to me later because most had gone to uni or were doing things and the others (i assume) thought it was a week earlier when we went out. I felt really upset about it but then I realised that as long as my family said HB to me I was sound and happy. I think it really depends how close you are with them.. if they are like your best friends then I would say something if you feel you can't let it go.
idek360
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I JUST had the same exact situation as you happen... it was my 19th too. Tbh a few of them got back to me later because most had gone to uni or were doing things and the others (i assume) thought it was a week earlier when we went out. I felt really upset about it but then I realised that as long as my family said HB to me I was sound and happy. I think it really depends how close you are with them.. if they are like your best friends then I would say something if you feel you can't let it go.
my best friend, is the type of person to not make a big deal out of every occasion, like even his own birthday he doesn’t care about, he forgot my birthday last year, i just think it’s me being a little needy at the end of the day it’s just a day right ?
Nmys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's alright really, life happens and people do forget or just don't realise it's the day. Like my dad and best friend forgot to say happy birthday to me for my 20th on the day, like they knew when my birthday was but totally didn't realise that the day had arrived, they just weren't keeping track of the date. It's no biggie really the older you get
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads