Can you be christened at 26 Watch

ARoo92
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m 26 and Christianity is my faith but I’ve never been christened has anyone else been later on in life and what was the experience like???

Thanks
kb_123xx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ARoo92)
So I’m 26 and Christianity is my faith but I’ve never been christened has anyone else been later on in life and what was the experience like???

Thanks
I was christened as a baby yh but I learnt in my RE lessons that u cam be christened at any time in ur life doesnt matter what age
username4011692
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ARoo92)

Thanks
Doesn't matter, speak to your church to see if you can be christened
PickingItUp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can be Christened at any age. I’ve see adults in services and they’ve found it a happy experience. It’s not unusual.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can be Christened ( or often it's called Baptised ) at any age.
H20 III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him."

Acts 8:36*-‬38 KJV

As Philip said "If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest".
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes you can be christened at any age. Some adults choose to combine their christening with a confirmation service, to enable marriage in a church, or for other personal reasons.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can be baptised as an adult- and liturgically, anyone can do it. You dont even have to be a Catholic or Christian. You just have to have the requisite intention - splash some water on them and say "I baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"

I'm not quite sure if this is to do with John not being a Christian himself; or if its because the effect of baptism is thought to be derived from God, not the person doing it.
andreasz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes! Actually, the Bible teaches that we are supposed to be baptized only after we believe the Gospel and trust Christ as our Saviour('If thou believest with all thine
heart, thou mayest" Acts 8:37 KJV) as water baptism is just a public proclamation of our salvation (and faith) and not part of it. Therefore, the Bible actually rejects infant baptism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads