I failed HND year 2 and I need HNC but my college did not award me for that

Watch
holidave
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Dear people,

I have searched for this topic but I could not find anything related. Please help me to find a way how to deal with it.

i studied HND Btec course, and in my 2nd year i got a place at uni, where the only condition I had to meet was to have a few passes of A-levels or equevelant qualifications. I am foreign and I started my Education in the UK from HND year 1, so I do not have A-levels but I found out that even HNC is equvelant as it is a level above then A- levels. However, I did not enjoy the course at all, so I did not push myself to pass HND year 2 since I know that I have been accepted onto course at uni. Today, when I was contacting college about my HNC certificate I got that message:

"

When you are enrolled on an HND course we enter you for that at the awarding body, so even though you complete a first year to Pearson you have not completed the award that you were enrolled on and so no certificate would be issued.

To receive an HNC we would need to be advised that you were not returning to complete the HND and a levelling down form would be completed and the admin fees paid.

"
I did not realise that I am not awarded for HNC as no one never explained to me the way of how it works. I was sure once I completed HND year 1 I achieve HNC.

Now i do not know what to do. I got all the subjects I studied for past two years written down, and overall I have got 205 credits. 120 for HNC year and 85 for HND year.

Does it count ? Can I do anything about it? I need to bring a certificate with my qualifications to be enrolled for my course at uni.
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
'To receive an HNC we would need to be advised that you were not returning to complete the HND and a levelling down form would be completed and the admin fees paid.'

I assume from this that you have to formally tell the college you are not returning, ask them for the form (or ask then to complete it) and pay them the money. Have you gone back to them and told them you are not returning?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads