The Student Room Group

Do law Enployers care about A levels?

So basically I understand my grades are too low for a training contract but i thought about taking the legal executives route then on graduation year I convert to a solicitor. So eventhough i get a first in university and a full solicitor licence will employers at city law firms still look at my A levels?

My grades were DDD
Forgot to mention, i am taking the fast track route to legal executives so i would have a level 6 in law and practice with my law degree. I am currently doing a foundation year at the moment
Original post by J-SP
It won’t be the A-levels they are looking at, it will be the work experience you have gained, which as a legal exec route is not going to match the type of Work most city trainees do

So how can i gain work experience? I was planning to do some during uni
Original post by J-SP
It isn’t just work experience though, it’s working in the type of firms with the same type of clients. Legal executives tend to not work on the same type of work as city trainees. You can’t get that level of work unless you are really on a training contract or get exceptionally lucky with some form of paralegal role.

Hm, so what do you suggest? I should start somewhere low or should i retake my A levels because it’s possible but i am doing a foundation year.
Original post by J-SP
No keep with your foundation year, work hard, build up your CV. Reassess along the way.

Alright, last question. In my current situation, what would be the best route to getting a training contract or a job at a city law firm
Original post by J-SP
No keep with your foundation year, work hard, build up your CV. Reassess along the way.

Thanks man best answer.
Thread moved to the Legal forum.:smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Thread moved to the Legal forum.:smile:

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending