The Student Room Group

Female friend visiting for Freshers, only option to share 3/4 bed

Hi TSR,

My female friend, who I've known for many years, is coming to visit me at Uni during Freshers. Most likely going to be having a house party so she'll be staying the night afterwards.

The only place for her to sleep would be sharing my 3/4 bed. We've cuddled before while watching movies at my house before. We have a 100% platonic relationship so this isn't some ploy by me to get her into my bed to make a move!

I'm obviously going to make this arrangement known to her beforehand and I'm sure she'll be fine with it.

I'm just wondering whether this is too much of an expectation of her in your guys' opinion. I don't want to be essentially forcing her into an uncomfortable situation.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
One of you could always sleep on the floor? You'll be surprised how comfy the floor is when you're drunk haha. Or could she stay in a girls room? like with one of your flatmates?
Reply 2
Original post by ops12
One of you could always sleep on the floor? You'll be surprised how comfy the floor is when you're drunk haha. Or could she stay in a girls room? like with one of your flatmates?

I guess me sleeping on the floor is an option :')

I live in a 100% guy flat, I'm afraid so that ain't an option
Reply 3
Luckily student finance should be in by then.

Do you think it's an unreasonable thing to ask of her then? We have cuddled under the duvet at my house before, just never slept in the same bed.
Reply 4
True true :biggrin: Thanks for the input.
Rather than put it on her to say no I'd just drop in you're gonna grab a sleeping bag so you can sleep on the floor/in the living room and see if she protests. If she's happy to share she will probably tell you not to bother.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi TSR,

My female friend, who I've known for many years, is coming to visit me at Uni during Freshers. Most likely going to be having a house party so she'll be staying the night afterwards.

The only place for her to sleep would be sharing my 3/4 bed. We've cuddled before while watching movies at my house before. We have a 100% platonic relationship so this isn't some ploy by me to get her into my bed to make a move!

I'm obviously going to make this arrangement known to her beforehand and I'm sure she'll be fine with it.

I'm just wondering whether this is too much of an expectation of her in your guys' opinion. I don't want to be essentially forcing her into an uncomfortable situation.

Thanks

be a gentleman and sleep on the floor and let her sleep in the bed if you have no romantic interest in her
Hi TSR,

Thanks

She is your guest, man. Let her have the bed on her own, so she can sleep comfortably. You can sleep somewhere on the floor.. , she will appreciate such kind of you and she will remember it.
Hi TSR,

Thanks

Some unis don't allow visitors during Freshers - are you sure yours does? Surely she could bring a sleeping bag? You can get cheap camping self-inflating mats - it will be useful for any visitors [or you] in future.
Mmm sounds like you want our support in your almost made decision of asking her to share the bed with youuu 😄🤔
Sleep on the floor. Lol I’d be creeped out if my best fiends wanted me
To sleep in the same bed lol
she could sleep in your bed, and you sleep on the couch/sofa in the living room?
Original post by Muttley79
Some unis don't allow visitors during Freshers - are you sure yours does? Surely she could bring a sleeping bag? You can get cheap camping self-inflating mats - it will be useful for any visitors [or you] in future.

My contract/tenant agreement only really says we're only allowed 2 guests at once and only one can sleep over for 2 nights in a row.

Shell only be here 24 hours. :smile:
Original post by MathsLove
She is your guest, man. Let her have the bed on her own, so she can sleep comfortably. You can sleep somewhere on the floor.. , she will appreciate such kind of you and she will remember it.

Original post by doodle_333
Rather than put it on her to say no I'd just drop in you're gonna grab a sleeping bag so you can sleep on the floor/in the living room and see if she protests. If she's happy to share she will probably tell you not to bother.

Sounds like I'm just an inconsiderate penis 😅 I was just thinking of way I'd have somewhere decent to sleep too... I shall acquire a sleeping bag and then do as @doodle_333 suggested.
Sounds like I'm just an inconsiderate penis 😅 I was just thinking of way I'd have somewhere decent to sleep too... I shall acquire a sleeping bag and then do as @doodle_333 suggested.

Do my suggestion before you buy cos she might be fine with it. Tbh I would be ok with it if we were good friends (and I was single). But in today's climate it's probably better to air on the careful side and not give her any reason to feel pressured in any way.
this reminds me of how my mum and me went to visit my cousin at his flat in uni and she left me there for the night... I slept in the bathroom because my prick of a cousin locked me in there.... moral of the story if you have decency let her sleep on the bed hahah...

The uni will never know anyway :wink:
Ended up someone living with me the second half of my first year and they didn't have a clue
Original post by VMD100
Ended up someone living with me the second half of my first year and they didn't have a clue

Some unis are more vigilant ... CCTV and hall entry supervised.
Original post by VMD100

Some unis are more vigilant ... CCTV and hall entry supervised.

I'm living in private student accommodation :P so the Uni ain't involved at all. I've re-read the contract, there's no rules against people staying during freshers. Don't see why they wouldn't anyway, we're all adults here.
I'm living in private student accommodation :P so the Uni ain't involved at all. I've re-read the contract, there's no rules against people staying during freshers. Don't see why they wouldn't anyway, we're all adults here.

As I said some uni halls have rules that no-one can stay in the first few weeks of term. These halls are monitored so it would be foolish to risk it. I was just checking you knew the rules in yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending