Access to HE (History) - anyone else taking this route?

Watch
OmnomnOmnigul
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been working through my Access to history for about a month now (with a 2 week break in the States). I'm doing mine via distance learning with Infused Learning.

Is anyone else taking the same route? It would be great to connect with other History students!
purcy81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OmnomnOmnigul)
I've been working through my Access to history for about a month now (with a 2 week break in the States). I'm doing mine via distance learning with Infused Learning.

Is anyone else taking the same route? It would be great to connect with other History students!
Hi
I'm also studying the history access course through infused learning and really enjoying it so far! I'm a mature student too and have gone from working full time to part time work and studying. I'm hoping to start a combined archaeology and history in September 2019 how about you?
OmnomnOmnigul
Rep:
?
(Original post by purcy81)
Hi
I'm also studying the history access course through infused learning and really enjoying it so far! I'm a mature student too and have gone from working full time to part time work and studying. I'm hoping to start a combined archaeology and history in September 2019 how about you?
I'm still working full time whilst I do mine, cause I want to try and save as much as possible for Uni! I'm loving the course so far. I didn't think I'd enjoy studying this much haha

I'm hoping to do either Ancient History or Ancient History combined with Archaeology. have you picked which unis you're applying to?
purcy81
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm still working full time whilst I do mine, cause I want to try and save as much as possible for Uni! I'm loving the course so far. I didn't think I'd enjoy studying this much haha

I'm hoping to do either Ancient History or Ancient History combined with Archaeology. have you picked which unis you're applying to?
I'm lucky enough to live in Lincoln which has two amazing universities. I'm hoping to go to Bishop Grosseteste but would be equally happy with Lincoln university although it doesn't offer an archaeology degree the pure history course sounds really interesting. Whereabouts are you planning on studying?
OmnomnOmnigul
Rep:
?
(Original post by purcy81)
I'm lucky enough to live in Lincoln which has two amazing universities. I'm hoping to go to Bishop Grosseteste but would be equally happy with Lincoln university although it doesn't offer an archaeology degree the pure history course sounds really interesting. Whereabouts are you planning on studying?
The 4 I've picked out to apply to at the moment are UCL, Birmingham, Durham, and Warwick. I suppose it depends on how well I do with the first couple of units on whether I go ahead with that list or pick others. and I still have a 5th spot to fill.

At the moment, I'm torn between UCL and Birmingham for first choice. Birmingham look like they have an amazing Ancient History course.
Douglock
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I may go for a Master's Degree in Canada, but I currently live in Canada and am applying here for an undergraduate degree in History. So I couldn't resist stopping by and wishing you good luck!
OmnomnOmnigul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Douglock)
I may go for a Master's Degree in Canada, but I currently live in Canada and am applying here for an undergraduate degree in History. So I couldn't resist stopping by and wishing you good luck!
All history students welcome here! I'd love to hear updates on your progress
Douglock
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All history students welcome here! I'd love to hear updates on your progress
Thank you! And just to clarify, I live in Canada and am applying for History but I intend to head to the UK for a Master's or PhD. I guess I was too excited when I wrote the previous post

Best of luck!
elisedelaserre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi 👋 i’m interested in doing the history access course at infused learning and was just wondering how exactly the course is delivered and what sort of support you get? 🙂

your personal experiences with infused sound very encouraging so far!!
OmnomnOmnigul
Rep:
?
(Original post by elisedelaserre)
hi 👋 i’m interested in doing the history access course at infused learning and was just wondering how exactly the course is delivered and what sort of support you get? 🙂

your personal experiences with infused sound very encouraging so far!!
I highly recommend them! the course is 100% online. you'll get a history tutor who will deliver you all of your material and guide you through your course. the support you get depends on which package you choose I opted for the full package and get unlimited support. I actually skyped with them last night about one of my projects. they'll check up on you regularly to mKensure everything is going okay and that you're okay with the material.

contact them and speak to Natalie, she'll be able to given you all of the information!
elisedelaserre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I highly recommend them! the course is 100% online. you'll get a history tutor who will deliver you all of your material and guide you through your course. the support you get depends on which package you choose I opted for the full package and get unlimited support. I actually skyped with them last night about one of my projects. they'll check up on you regularly to mKensure everything is going okay and that you're okay with the material.

contact them and speak to Natalie, she'll be able to given you all of the information!
brilliant!! and thank you so much for the reply! infused definitely sound leagues ahead of the other providers i've researched
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads