sureofit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

New first year living at home after getting in through clearing! Wondering if anyone else is also living at home too...
FabAni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yup I am! Though the commute to uni is going to be a pain in the winter months haha
sureofit
Rep:
?
(Original post by FabAni)
yup I am! Though the commute to uni is going to be a pain in the winter months haha
Oh awesome definitely! I’m about 40 minutes away by bus. Are you doing any freshers events?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I lived at home, then a hostel, then in my own flat with a partner, then with a flatmate, and walked 40 minutes to campus till I got a car. I applied last minute as well me but still got in :smartass:. It was a ***** in the winter but got lifts thankfully. Never took the bus or train, cos the ride is 10 minutes like. Not spending money on a 10 minute ride.
FabAni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sureofit)
Oh awesome definitely! I’m about 40 minutes away by bus. Are you doing any freshers events?
I'll have to get the train to Manchester (20 mins) and then either walk it (30 mins) or get tram then bus if I'm lazy. For freshers week I'll probably try and attend the cinemas and SU fairs they have (ooh and maybe the BBQs). Need to check on the website on what other stuff they have lined up. What about you?
sureofit
Rep:
?
I'll have to get the train to Manchester (20 mins) and then either walk it (30 mins) or get tram then bus if I'm lazy. For freshers week I'll probably try and attend the cinemas and SU fairs they have (ooh and maybe the BBQs). Need to check on the website on what other stuff they have lined up. What about you?
Yeah me too! I’m not massively into clubbing so I’ll proabbly give that a miss 😂 do you know if you need wristbands for the cinemas?
FabAni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah me too! I’m not massively into clubbing so I’ll proabbly give that a miss 😂 do you know if you need wristbands for the cinemas?
Sweet! I might see you in some of the cinema events. As for the wristbands, I don't think they are needed for the cinemas since they're only for the official freshers nights.
sureofit
Rep:
?
Sweet! I might see you in some of the cinema events. As for the wristbands, I don't think they are needed for the cinemas since they're only for the official freshers nights.
Ahh awesome! Let me know which ones you’re going to ☺️
FabAni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ahh awesome! Let me know which ones you’re going to ☺️
I’ll probs go to the ones on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday depending on what course activities I have to attend. And then il prolly attend the bbq and the plant sale (Tuesday). Oh and I need to remember to attend the freebie fair on Tuesday since I missed it today 😂😂

by the way, what course are you studying?
sureofit
Rep:
?
I’ll probs go to the ones on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday depending on what course activities I have to attend. And then il prolly attend the bbq and the plant sale (Tuesday). Oh and I need to remember to attend the freebie fair on Tuesday since I missed it today 😂😂

by the way, what course are you studying?
Think I’ll go to weds, thurs and fri but depends! Oh yeah, the plant sale looks good as well as the freebies 😂

Geography with free choice French, and you?
FabAni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Think I’ll go to weds, thurs and fri but depends! Oh yeah, the plant sale looks good as well as the freebies 😂

Geography with free choice French, and you?
Oooh nice, I’m doing computer science. Il be sure to say hi if we meet!! Dyu wanna add me on any social media to stay in touch?
sureofit
Rep:
?
Oooh nice, I’m doing computer science. Il be sure to say hi if we meet!! Dyu wanna add me on any social media to stay in touch?
Interesting! Sure sounds good
Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I'm living at home, too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads