The Student Room Group

Could I apply to university with these Alevels ?

I attend a Sixth Form that loves languages . I am doing English literature, Psychology and Turkish . I also completed my EPQ and gained an A grade . Would Universities accept Turkish ? ( I do not speak it at home)

Also , my bestfriend is doing the same subjects but he’s doing Russian instead .

We’re really concerned .
Original post by Amyyyyxx
I attend a Sixth Form that loves languages . I am doing English literature, Psychology and Turkish . I also completed my EPQ and gained an A grade . Would Universities accept Turkish ? ( I do not speak it at home)

Also , my bestfriend is doing the same subjects but he’s doing Russian instead .

We’re really concerned .

Yes they should be fine. they will say if they are not i.e native speaker.

Im assuming its from one of the main exam boards?

You dont say which university or course? Check the entrance requirements but for most courses they will be fine and they say so if they are not.
Original post by Amyyyyxx

We’re really concerned .

It really does depend on what course you are interested in and what universities you are hoping to study. Many courses don't specify a choice of subject, rather just grades, whereas other courses may ask for certain subjects to be done at A-Level (or equivalent).

It is worth you and and friend taking some time out to do a little research into what you want to do, which courses appeal to you and which universities you might like to study. In their prospectuses or websites, they should state what they accept for entry requirements.
what did you get for turkish a level? and what tips would you give for the paper? especially for paper 2 the essay question

Quick Reply

Latest