When movie millions aren't enough celebs sell themselves for $$$ Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They make millions in movies and some of them are even regarded as talented and are well-respected as actors. yet they want more money and are willing to sell themselves to get it. they puppeteer themselves on behalf of insurance companies, perfumes or coffee ads to sell products which they may or may not use or like. They endorse companies which probably disregard a lot of their elite liberal concerns about workers rights and the environment, as well as causing and worsening these problems. do actors not make enough money, why do their sell their souls just to buy another miami mansion?

Harvey keitel is selling direct line insurance. natalie portman, scarlett johansson, kiera knightley and cate blacnhett have been in perfume ads. Jonathon ryhs Meyers was the talking piece for hugo boss - he spoke like someone had a hand up his butt controlling his puppeteered words. George Clooney married his soul to a coffee product, now they are indistinguishable. Lawrence fishburne (morpheus) did a superbowl advert! just breaks your heart. Samuel L Jackson - sky broadband, why did he let them rape him?? I feel sorry for his butt after that. Kevin Bacon, was he an actor once? Camille cabello trying so hard to make sketchers trainers fun, sexy and cute or whatever "they" want. she doesn't seem concerned she's selling her own identity, sexuality, self. just as long as she pleases the capitalist giants then it's a good job well done. Then there was beyonce and Britney doing pepsi, and timberlake doing macdonalds of all enterprises to support!
And I'm not really blaming willy nelson or other broke celebs - that must be hard I guess. please someone give Brian Harvey and Nicholas cage an advert!

Some of the celebrities' actions are expected, others are disappointing. and then you guys actually admire these people??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They make millions in movies and some of them are even regarded as talented and are well-respected as actors. yet they want more money and are willing to sell themselves to get it. they puppeteer themselves on behalf of insurance companies, perfumes or coffee ads to sell products which they may or may not use or like. They endorse companies which probably disregard a lot of their elite liberal concerns about workers rights and the environment, as well as causing and worsening these problems. do actors not make enough money, why do their sell their souls just to buy another miami mansion?

Harvey keitel is selling direct line insurance. natalie portman, scarlett johansson, kiera knightley and cate blacnhett have been in perfume ads. Jonathon ryhs Meyers was the talking piece for hugo boss - he spoke like someone had a hand up his butt controlling his puppeteered words. George Clooney married his soul to a coffee product, now they are indistinguishable. Lawrence fishburne (morpheus) did a superbowl advert! just breaks your heart. Samuel L Jackson - sky broadband, why did he let them rape him?? I feel sorry for his butt after that. Kevin Bacon, was he an actor once? Camille cabello trying so hard to make sketchers trainers fun, sexy and cute or whatever "they" want. she doesn't seem concerned she's selling her own identity, sexuality, self. just as long as she pleases the capitalist giants then it's a good job well done. Then there was beyonce and Britney doing pepsi, and timberlake doing macdonalds of all enterprises to support!
And I'm not really blaming willy nelson or other broke celebs - that must be hard I guess. please someone give Brian Harvey and Nicholas cage an advert!

Some of the celebrities' actions are expected, others are disappointing. and then you guys actually admire these people??
Why are you attacking film stars and not everyone who gets celebrity endorsements including sports stars?

Do you have some objection to people making money?

Weird.
JammyDodger0135
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So youre saying if you were a celeb making millions from movies youd turn down the chance to endorse products to earn even more millions? Ok mate
Leti-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's what celebrities do ? They make products look better for companies ? They can't just film all the time, it's just their main source of income but their are other outlets, they probably have goals they set out for themselves and are doing their best to reach them. Plus it's literally part of their job description anyway.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

You are an incredibly insensitive person. How on earth can you compare being in a Sky advert to being raped? Totally vile comparison. I strongly suggest you change how you've worded that because it's disgusting.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
you forget that it's COMPANIES that seek these actors out. COMPANIES actually want famous people to endorse their products because they have recognisable faces and because their glamour rubs off on the product. if Julia Roberts with her perfect skin endorses a face cream, the customer thinks the face cream works and will lead to Julia Roberts' skin. you really have no idea how advertising works mate. btw if someone offers you millions of dollars for a few days work, i think most of us would do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You are an incredibly insensitive person. How on earth can you compare being in a Sky advert to being raped? Totally vile comparison. I strongly suggest you change how you've worded that because it's disgusting.
sorry and I would edit that out if I could. it was a reference to bill hicks' rants. I hope I'm not completely insensitive and I'm sorry, that wasn't a good choice of words.
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jealous?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why are you attacking film stars and not everyone who gets celebrity endorsements including sports stars?

Do you have some objection to people making money?

Weird.
I am not begrudging anyone from making money, and I know movie stars make more than normal people, it's just how it is. I am saying why do they need more on top of it for "selling out." and yes you reminded me about roger federer and the other sports people - well at least they can't help it as they are already wearing sports clothes and using the equipment, so that just goes with their job in a way. but I still don't get why federer did a pasta advert. and the classical composer gustavo dudamel, advertising rolex watches. I just don't get it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads