The Student Room Group

English lit A level

Hi I wanted to ask does anyone know if the Edexcel English lit exam is open book? I’m not sure if I should stress too much about memorising quotes because I read somewhere it was open book? Please let me know if you have done it and if it was :smile:
Yes, Edexcel English A level is open book.

(Might be different if you're doing the international versions though. So check with your school which you're doing if you're not sure).

Your teachers should be able to tell you this though. Why not just ask them?
Original post by Fzal
Hi I wanted to ask does anyone know if the Edexcel English lit exam is open book? I’m not sure if I should stress too much about memorising quotes because I read somewhere it was open book? Please let me know if you have done it and if it was :smile:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/English%20Literature/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/A-level-Literature-spec-Issue-4.pdf

P1,2 and 3 it says open book.

Its still important to be very familiar with the texts though as looking fro quotes wastes time.

Sorry didnt see Lucy had responded.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/English%20Literature/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/A-level-Literature-spec-Issue-4.pdf

P1,2 and 3 it says open book.

Its still important to be very familiar with the texts though as looking fro quotes wastes time.

Alright then I see, thank you
Reply 4
Original post by LeapingLucy
Yes, Edexcel English A level is open book.

(Might be different if you're doing the international versions though. So check with your school which you're doing if you're not sure).

Your teachers should be able to tell you this though. Why not just ask them?

No I’m not doing the international one, I do homeschool, I asked my teacher but she said sometimes it changes,

thank you for your help !

Quick Reply

Latest