Studying at night or in the morning.

Watch
Moonlit_Centaur
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Say you had an hour left of revision to do before your exam and you had been studying all evening. Is it better to stay awake for the extra hour and complete it that night or should you go to sleep and wake up an hour earlier the next day to do it? At the the moment I prefer to stay up late than get up early but I was wondering what the rest of you think.

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier.

When you wake up you have more energy, usually more productive compared to evening. Just make sure you get enough sleep.

Getting enough sleep is more important than last minute revision.
username3978426
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I usually do it at night, even though it’s not ideal
Moonlit_Centaur
Rep:
?
(Original post by lemon27)
I usually do it at night, even though it’s not ideal
So do I because I find it hard to sleep and hard to wake up. I think I should do it at night because it will be hard to get up early the next morning, but I might try morning revision next exam season.
Moonlit_Centaur
Rep:
?
I wasn't thinking about last minute revision as such, I know not to leave it that late. I was thinking more about checking I know all of the equations, formulas, keyworfs etc before the exam. Is that better the night before or the morning of?
pgxrcix
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't matter. In the Czech Republic I had exams almost every day so no matter when you started you never remembered everything perfectly as there was no time to practise. I remember staying up late at night and waking up around 5 am to revise some more. However, I my STM (short-term memory) was great so it helped me loads to spend every possible minute before the exam revising.
Faves_26
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would stay up late and if I had 30 mins left in the morning go over important points
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (44)
20.85%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
22.75%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (37)
17.54%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
20.38%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (21)
9.95%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
8.53%

Watched Threads