Do you have to apply to 5 universities at once? Watch

noumanahaq
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I am planning on applying to five different universities. My teacher said that my predicted grades may change after December. I want to apply to universities earlier and for some later. Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No you don't have to apply for them all 5 universities but I'm not sure about applying them at different times. Oxbridge need to be applied early you can chose one or the other and it's better to apply early so you can get more a choice of accommodation.
PJNolen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to 1.
pereira325
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The deadline is January for general university applications.
For Oxbridge it's as early as October I think?
I believe you need to apply to all 5 at the same time though. You can only submit the application once.
Nahaha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you need to apply early then you can send in your application to 2 unis and add the rest later.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noumanahaq)
Hi! I am planning on applying to five different universities. My teacher said that my predicted grades may change after December. I want to apply to universities earlier and for some later. Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.
May change up or down?

Once you send your application your predictions can't usually be changed.

The deadline is 15th January, except for Medicine and Oxbridge (15th October).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nahaha)
If you need to apply early then you can send in your application to 2 unis and add the rest later.
Or just 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pereira325)
The deadline is January for general university applications.
For Oxbridge it's as early as October I think?
I believe you need to apply to all 5 at the same time though. You can only submit the application once.
That's wrong.

UCAS lets you start off with just 1 or 2 universities, and then add more later.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You believe something that is not true. You can submit an application with just one university included, then add others later. You cannot change anything else in the application (such as the personal statement) though.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, you can apply to just 1 if you want and then add the others at any stage later. But your PS, and Reference (including predictions) stays the same throughout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
pereira325
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
No, you can apply to just 1 if you want and then add the others at any stage later. But your PS, and Reference (including predictions) stays the same throughout.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My bad. I was close.

(Original post by Good bloke)
You believe something that is not true. You can submit an application with just one university included, then add others later. You cannot change anything else in the application (such as the personal statement) though.
KK. My bad.

(Original post by LeapingLucy)
That's wrong.

UCAS lets you start off with just 1 or 2 universities, and then add more later.

KK. My bad.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My bad. I was close.

KK. My bad.

KK. My bad.
No worries. It's a very common misconception.

(Wow, you really got killed for that though )

Posted from TSR Mobile
pereira325
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No worries. It's a very common misconception.

(Wow, you really got killed for that though )

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the way I did my own university application before. Was a bit stressful as had to get in for the early Oxbridge deadline whilst everyone else had months extra!
My sixth form didn't let me know about that option of being able to submit other unis after. Then again, to me, the hard bit wasn't picking the unis
Nahaha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Or just 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, my school told me that I had to send mine with at least 2 to distinguish it from an application to only one university (ie if I wanted to apply for more than just one uni, my application needed to have at least 2 listed when it was first sent off). But I'm sure you know more than me
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nahaha)
Oh, my school told me that I had to send mine with at least 2 to distinguish it from an application to only one university (ie if I wanted to apply for more than just one uni, my application needed to have at least 2 listed when it was first sent off). But I'm sure you know more than me
Universities don't know who else you have applied to until after you have received all your offer decisions and have made your Firm/Insurance choice.

So yeah your school is wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
noumanahaq
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for all of your replies. That helped me a lot. Special thanks to Doonesbury for clearing all of my misconceptions.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noumanahaq)
Thank you for all of your replies. That helped me a lot. Special thanks to Doonesbury for clearing all of my misconceptions.
:hat2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lilli22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think this is possible but you could probably get in touch with UCAS to check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (270)
67%
No (133)
33%

Watched Threads