Daz50
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm getting both my papers for my AQA Biology GCSE remarked and I am 2 marks off of the next level up, 3 marks off of the next level up in Chemistry (both papers) and 1 mark off of the next level up in French. My main concern is my English Language GCSE result, in which I am 5 marks off of the next grade up (a grade 5), however I am also within the boundary of going down a grade by 5 marks (to a grade 3, as I have achieved a grade 4). Is there any point in getting my English Language papers remarked and is there a high possibility that I can lose 5 marks rather than gain 5 marks?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Daz50)
I'm getting both my papers for my AQA Biology GCSE remarked and I am 2 marks off of the next level up, 3 marks off of the next level up in Chemistry (both papers) and 1 mark off of the next level up in French. My main concern is my English Language GCSE result, in which I am 5 marks off of the next grade up (a grade 5), however I am also within the boundary of going down a grade by 5 marks (to a grade 3, as I have achieved a grade 4). Is there any point in getting my English Language papers remarked and is there a high possibility that I can lose 5 marks rather than gain 5 marks?
Its most likely not going to change. Do you need a 5 in English a few unis will want that. Talk to your school if it makes any difference if it turns out for the worst. Not sure I would as it could go either way, I think its worth a go for 1,2 or maybe 3 below.

Your alternative is just to resit in November or next June.
lauraleech
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
did my gcses in 2016 and got a remark that went up by 4 marks for english language, english is quite subjective
Daz50
Rep:
?
(Original post by lauraleech)
did my gcses in 2016 and got a remark that went up by 4 marks for english language, english is quite subjective
I got my English language remarked which went up by 3 marks, not enough to change to level 5 im still short of 2 marks unfortunately. Still waiting for my other subjects.
Daz50
Rep:
?
I got all my results back. Chemistry and French went up. The biology and English Language stayed the same. I'm resitting English language in November as I need at least a 5 for university. I think it was worth getting re marked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (111)
17.62%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.3%
Not great so far... (225)
35.71%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed