*watches*
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
:console: I'm sorry to hear you've been very stressed. What course are you gonna be doing now? I hope this week goes well! Please tag me.
Thanks. Just pure psychology very glad it's hopefully all sorted now, I need official confirmation and to sort my modules and stuff but *hopefully* that'll be okay. Will do! Hope you're alright :hugs:
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I def want tagging please? :puppyeyes:

Proud of you for the social stuff. And for the course stuff too - it's hard to drop a subject you (presumably?) love and a big decision to make, but I think it could prove to be beneficial in the end :yep:
Will do! Yeah definitely, really going to miss it and the department. It's the right decision though and I'll still see the people around and stuff. So it's not the end of the world
(Original post by CoolCavy)
S q u i z z l e

:hugs:
:penguinhug:

Slowbro93 :wavey:
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Thanks. Just pure psychology very glad it's hopefully all sorted now, I need official confirmation and to sort my modules and stuff but *hopefully* that'll be okay. Will do! Hope you're alright :hugs:

Will do! Yeah definitely, really going to miss it and the department. It's the right decision though and I'll still see the people around and stuff. So it's not the end of the world

:penguinhug:

Slowbro93 :wavey:
Let me know if you need any help with it! (Psych. is epic, but I'm biased. :ninja: )
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Update 1- Pre-uni chaos

Sorry this is a bit late, I was a big exhausted ball of stress last night and definitely couldn't write coherently. Start as we do not mean to go on.

The result of that and various other things is that I've just formally asked to change course, and drop my second subject. It just wasn't going to happen, I was going to spend my whole year running round like a headless chicken doing a bunch of stuff I didn't even want to be doing. It's sad having to drop it but hopefully it'll work out much better in the long run, both career-wise and for how much I enjoy it.

The rest of this week has been taken up with resting, packing and coming back to uni. My new accommodation is nice, if not quite where I want to be! I've not met most of my flatmates yet but the two I have seem nice, and one of their friends. At least two of the three others are around I've just not actually met them yet. I don't know if the third person is or not.

I did manage to go to a social last night. It was busy and loud and I really didn't feel like it but I went, sat with a random bunch of people and spent an hour there. This is massive for me I also had my first committee meeting and promised to help out for a little bit today and tomorrow at freshers stuff.

So yeah, that's it really! This week's goals are:
- Meet the rest of my flatmates
- Finalise course stuff and what modules I'm taking
- Do the prep work for these modules (which I may or may not have been meaning to do all summer)
- Maybe try go to another social and/or new society meeting

Hope everyone's had a good week! I'm not sure who actually wants tagging or not except sinfonietta so let me know if you do, I don't want to bother/spam people if you don't want it. Let me know of anything you want including in here too, I'm stuck for ideas!
Absolutely tag please. Hope the freshers stuff isn't too busy for you - the venues can be quite busy and noisy, though not cold! Well done you for social, :yes: next stop karaoke.:ahee:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Let me know if you need any help with it! (Psych. is epic, but I'm biased. :ninja: )
It really is! Thank you
(Original post by 04MR17)
Absolutely tag please. Hope the freshers stuff isn't too busy for you - the venues can be quite busy and noisy, though not cold! Well done you for social, :yes: next stop karaoke.:ahee:
Yeah I discovered that one last year, never again hopefully tomorrow will be a bit quieter though. And hmm.. :lol: laughing at you doing karaoke, maybe
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah I discovered that one last year, never again hopefully tomorrow will be a bit quieter though. And hmm.. :lol: laughing at you doing karaoke, maybe
I expect the second day to be far quieter.:yes: Still nice and warm though.
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
:ninja:
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Update 2- Freshers V2

I did even less Freshers stuff than last year but there you go, I don't feel obliged to this time sorry this is late again, was going to do it on Friday then didn't and time disappeared somewere. It'll be a more positive update than it would have been though.

So last week was pretty mixed. I really wasn't well physically but had a load of running round to do for course change logistics etc as things kept going wrong. It's not an easy process! And the normal start of the year stuff too. This obviously didn't help how well I was and the constant changes and uncertainty over what I was doing I really didn't cope well with either, plus being back in a different place with new flatmates and noise and buildings and yeah. You get the gist of it. I finally managed to get everything sorted (I think) on Friday, just in time for lectures to start. I didn't make it to the society I wanted but did manage to read through one of the journal articles I needed to so that's a start. I'll try and get to the society another week.

Friday night my boyfriend came up! We're not meant to have people staying in the first three weeks or something, I'm in a flat of second and third years though and noone actually cares so shhh. It was really nice Saturday he went into town and I went to a social! It was actually really good, I'm so glad I went. I knew everyone there bar Freshers and it was outside in the day so albeit cold, not to loud etc. I talked to a lot of people and actually *wanted* to stay for a couple of hours which is unheard of for me. I also got to a rehearsal last night and got dragged to the pub briefly afterwards. I'm proud of myself for them. It was a really nice weekend, tiring but I feel a lot more settled and better for it, and in a better place mentally to start the new term properly.

So yeah, a mixed week but good weekend. On my targets, I didn't get to the new society(s) but did go to a social. I've met my flatmates, sorted my course out (at length) and done the most crucial prep work. So I'm pretty pleased with them.

Targets for this week
- Get to all my lectures
- A new society
- Look after myself healthwise a bit more rather than just pushing through (well I will just push through, but only as much as I absolutely have to)

Until next week

Pathway sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd 04MR17 think that's everyone! Hope you're all okay
Last edited by furryface12; 4 months ago
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Glad you had a good weekend after such a stressful week!
I know what you mean about time disappearing...it seems to do that to me too :grumble: Especially in terms of writing GYG updates :laugh:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well done on the social stuff - super-proud of you! Though of course it would have been absolutely OK if you hadn't managed to do all those things too
04MR17
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So so so glad you've been to socials AND enjoyed them.

Happy to hear the bf made it in unscathed from accommodation people. The death eaters of any university, truly. CheeseIsVeg I'm sorry but this is a thing now.
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
Glad you had a good weekend after such a stressful week!
I know what you mean about time disappearing...it seems to do that to me too :grumble: Especially in terms of writing GYG updates :laugh:
Thanks, and definitely! [/quote]
Well done on the social stuff - super-proud of you! Though of course it would have been absolutely OK if you hadn't managed to do all those things too
Thank you. And thank you so much for your support last week too, really appreciate it [/quote]
(Original post by 04MR17)
So so so glad you've been to socials AND enjoyed them.

Happy to hear the bf made it in unscathed from accommodation people. The death eaters of any university, truly. CheeseIsVeg I'm sorry but this is a thing now.
I know, who is this person! And eeee scary. They probably eat ducks *and* cheese!
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Update 3- First week of lectures

Not a huge amount to report this week, other than shock horror I'm actually on time for once! I've still not been too well, so just been trying really hard to get to my lectures then coming home and crashing. It's gone okay though. The lectures bar the first one have been interesting and seminars and labs starting to work towards various projects and stuff. Which isn't the most exciting but I'd rather have a little bit of help there than trying to do it all at home with people I don't know!

Goals-wise I've done pretty well. I got to the new society rehearsal which was nice, although wasn't well enough for the other stuff I could've gone to. I've looked after myself as best I can, including having today completely off. Fortunately there was nothing too pressing I needed to be doing, there's stuff that I could have obviously but yeah. I did my laundry yesterday which I find hard, but is something that did need doing! I also met my DSA mentor for the first time since summer, where we went through a little bit of what's been going on and in general things to be done this term. I find it really difficult talking to people about how I am but am slowly trying to get better at it.

So, to this week. I need to go home for something monday and tuesday (or just tuesday) which is a pain but at least I get to see my dog! Other than that just trying to get back into the swing of things again, and try and get some work done in between lectures if I can. With this in mind, new targets are:
- do what I need to at home, also rest and bring back food
- read through journal articles and think about them for next week
- actually make a GP appointment and preferably go- I've been saying this since I got back but really do need to do it

Anything else I could include in these updates to make them a bit more interesting and/or useful for people? I always feel like I should include pictures but they're too easy to be identifiable, although the rest is anyway so hmm. Ideas welcome though!

Hope everyone's had a good week

04MR17 The_Lonely_Goatherd Pathway sinfonietta

Edit: wtf is TSR doing with formatting today... hopefully it's a bit better this time
Last edited by furryface12; 4 months ago
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Your blog is always interesting, dw about that :penguinhug:

Glad lectures have mostly been interesting - that's promising! And well done for taking a day off - really proud of you for that :yep:

I'm **** at making GP appointments. Well, any appointments but yeah

furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?

Glad lectures have mostly been interesting - that's promising! And well done for taking a day off - really proud of you for that :yep:

I'm **** at making GP appointments. Well, any appointments but yeah

Thanks got a coupleof little bits done in the evening I'd been avoiding so that was good today. And had a better day today so yeah hope you're okay :hugs:
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
:ditto:

Sounds like you've had a relatively successful week :yay:
:woo: for seeing your dog this week!
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Update 4, week 3

It feels like so long since I lastposted! Thought I'd do this now seeing as I'm too out of it to do anything else. I feel so so ill so apologies for any typos. Think I've got rid of them all.

Last week was a long week. I pretty much slept the whole weekend which I really needed, Monday was hard work but the rehearsals I needed to get to at home (and the uni) were really good. And I got to see doggy! I was reasonably productive there too. Wednesday I came back and again was pretty productive then it all kind of crashed. But I had half a week I guess.

Mental health since then has just been a bit rubbish, and random. Hopefully I'm just too tired,who knows. I really need a break but oh well, that's not happening. Physically I've been a bit better, IBS has finally settled enough that I can actually keep food inside me without ridiculous pain at least. God knows what was up with that. Saw my GP but failed to tell him anything useful as per, he kind of got the message about physical stuff but just can't do anything. Which is crap. Really struggling with the idea that I might be like this forever, on the one hand I'm way better than I was a few years ago (or manage myself better) and so so much better than an awful lot of people with CFS etc, but it's so ****ing hard. I guess I just have to live with it as best I can but I really don't deal well with the unknown and not being able to make plans.

Anyway, enough of that rant. Socially I've actually been doing so much better since the start of the year I've been chatting to people, sitting with them and feeling (mostly) comfortable, not running away the second stuff ends so I don't have to speak to people. This is huge for me!! I'm comfortably on the edge of two groups and I'm quite happy with that. No I'm not really close to any of them or meet/really talk to them outside of anything, but I can actually sort of say I have friends. So let's end this on a higher note

Targets from last week. The home one I definitely completed all parts of which is good. I haven't read through all the journal articles, I'm really struggling with that. I have done one and a half though and the third one looks a bit easier even if I can't get my head round the second. I do need to go back and scribble some ideas down though. GP I did, if not very well. I got more meds at least as I'd forgotten to do that, and had my flu jab (:yucky:).

This week:
- do the two online tests, or at least the one that has a concrete due date I can't miss
- go to mentoring (DSA) and actually try and talk to her
- finish those ridiculous articles and work out what I can do with them. I find reading so hard
- do the gig (why do I agree to these things) and see a Cavy! And possibly my sister
- catch up on any missed lectures (ie the one I'm skipping now)
- not die in the process, I have so much to do :/

Sorry for the long update!

04MR17 Pathway sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
:hugs: Yay for a half productive week :yay: :console: with all the health things
Well done for being more social this year!
Have a nice time with Cavy! Not dying is also a good aim :yep:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Huge hugs, sorry it's been such a difficult week, but yay regarding being on the edge of two social groups and being happy with that - fab news

PS. Don't apologise for long update. Or for anything, ever :hugs:
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
:hugs: Yay for a half productive week :yay: :console: with all the health things
Well done for being more social this year!
Have a nice time with Cavy! Not dying is also a good aim :yep:
Thank you! Yeah [/quote]
Huge hugs, sorry it's been such a difficult week, but yay regarding being on the edge of two social groups and being happy with that - fab news

PS. Don't apologise for long update. Or for anything, ever :hugs:
Thank you sorry you've had a bad one too :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed