Furry's second grade- a chronic illness blog Watch

gcsemusicsucks
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
omg I can't believe I haven't asked to be tagged on here yet! Tag me pls! :heart:

Sorry you feel ill :console: Hope your health gets better soon :hugs: Yaaay for social things going well - sooo happy for you! :jumphug: :woo:
Rigel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Update 2- Freshers V2

I did even less Freshers stuff than last year but there you go, I don't feel obliged to this time sorry this is late again, was going to do it on Friday then didn't and time disappeared somewere. It'll be a more positive update than it would have been though.

So last week was pretty mixed. I really wasn't well physically but had a load of running round to do for course change logistics etc as things kept going wrong. It's not an easy process! And the normal start of the year stuff too. This obviously didn't help how well I was and the constant changes and uncertainty over what I was doing I really didn't cope well with either, plus being back in a different place with new flatmates and noise and buildings and yeah. You get the gist of it. I finally managed to get everything sorted (I think) on Friday, just in time for lectures to start. I didn't make it to the society I wanted but did manage to read through one of the journal articles I needed to so that's a start. I'll try and get to the society another week.

Friday night my boyfriend came up! We're not meant to have people staying in the first three weeks or something, I'm in a flat of second and third years though and noone actually cares so shhh. It was really nice Saturday he went into town and I went to a social! It was actually really good, I'm so glad I went. I knew everyone there bar Freshers and it was outside in the day so albeit cold, not to loud etc. I talked to a lot of people and actually *wanted* to stay for a couple of hours which is unheard of for me. I also got to a rehearsal last night and got dragged to the pub briefly afterwards. I'm proud of myself for them. It was a really nice weekend, tiring but I feel a lot more settled and better for it, and in a better place mentally to start the new term properly.

So yeah, a mixed week but good weekend. On my targets, I didn't get to the new society(s) but did go to a social. I've met my flatmates, sorted my course out (at length) and done the most crucial prep work. So I'm pretty pleased with them.

Targets for this week
- Get to all my lectures
- A new society
- Look after myself healthwise a bit more rather than just pushing through (well I will just push through, but only as much as I absolutely have to)

Until next week

Pathway sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd 04MR17 think that's everyone! Hope you're all okay
Can I also be tagged? :puppyeyes:
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hopefully things start calming down for you, glad your weekend was good though, that's a massive positive!
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Week four

Slightly late update so sorry about that. It's been a long week.

Monday I didn't go in, I really wasn't well in the morning and while I probably could have forced myself to afterwards it felt a bit pointless seeing as I couldn't access the lecture notes (grr) and wouldn't have had a clue what was going on anyway. So I stayed in bed.

Tuesday I did wayy too much, but at least it was productive. Got my washing done, finished the articles I needed, etc. It knocked some good stuff off my to do list and made me slightly less stressed. Had a quiet morning Wednesday then a seminar, then realised quite how much I still had to do so got some of that done. Mostly my mountain of washing up etc, I didn't finish what I'd been going to for Thursday but at least I sorted meals and stuff out and it didn't matter in the end anyway.

Thursday was a longgg day. I had three hours in the morning which was an odd mix of not doing anything and really intense, but I came out with a much better idea of what I needed to do on my project which is a good thing. I've not got a great deal further on it since then so that'd better be tomorrow's job! We have a trip for it Wednesday too. I'd almost passed out a couple of times so I came home and rested instead of going to my last lecture, before having a three hour journey from hell to get to a band gig I'd promised to do. Not one I want to repeat! But I got there and didn't panic so that's a big achievement. And got a lift (home) home after so got to see my doggy! Even if we did get very lost on the way and went on a tour of the county :lol:

Friday was pretty much resting other than submitting the online test I needed to (I'd done the work for it on Tuesday), then I got to see my sister as she came home caught up on bakeoff with her and my parents and then we watched ice age, mature family we are I've not seen the first one in yearsss, it was good though. Then Saturday morning they dropped me back to uni on the way out somewhere, I rested for a bit then got to see a wild CoolCavy! And 04MR17. Which was really nice, hadn't seen either of them in way too long despite being at the same uni as one. I really wasn't feeling great but it was really nice ,introducing Cavy to the wonders of wooden forks on campus then coming back here and eating chocolate cake. Knackered as I was I didn't want them to go! I slept for a bit then decided I'd quickly read the transcript needed for this morning before bed. It turned out to be 103 pages long so yeah that didn't happen :erm: but I got through about 70% of it in the end, really shouldn't have done that much but that's just me for you. It was interesting at least.

So yeah, that's my week pretty much. Yesterday I managed to get a couple of general admin bits done and caught up on one of the lectures I missed last week. Which took forever but at least I did it. Today I managed to drag myself into uni despite feeling absolutely rubbish, had a lecture and met my lab group before mercifully being allowed home an hour early. I've literally just been in bed since then until about an hour ago but I needed it so bad really not been well and pushing through wayy too much, ridiculously so.

So, targets. I think I actually completed all the ones last week for once! So here's some new ones:
- Catch up on missed lectures from last week, or at least the more important one
- Try and get something useful out of the trip and work out what I'm doing for the project attached to it
- Analyse this insanely long transcript (ahhhhh)
-Rest and look after myself as much as I can
- See my boyfriend and go with him to see my grandma/whole extended family on her birthday (nice but also ahh, they've not met him before and also stressful).

Hope everyone's okay, well done if you made it to the end of that! Let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list as per.

04MR17 gcsemusicsucks PathwayRigel sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd
Last edited by furryface12; 3 months ago
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Rest all you need, you're more important :penguinhug:
Well done for a generally successful week, sounds like you got lots of admin bits and bins done too :yay:
Hope the trip is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rigel
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well done it sounds like you did loads of things. :hugs: Resting and looking after yourself sounds like a very important target :yep:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That journey to the band gig sounds like a nightmare! Hope it went well though!
Extremely well done for pushing through, seems like you've been doing a lot so you deserve a break anyway! :hugs:
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well done! You've been doing so well. :console:
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
Rest all you need, you're more important :penguinhug:
Well done for a generally successful week, sounds like you got lots of admin bits and bins done too :yay:
Hope the trip is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by Rigel)
Well done it sounds like you did loads of things. :hugs: Resting and looking after yourself sounds like a very important target :yep:
(Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
That journey to the band gig sounds like a nightmare! Hope it went well though!
Extremely well done for pushing through, seems like you've been doing a lot so you deserve a break anyway! :hugs:
(Original post by Pathway)
Well done! You've been doing so well. :console:
Thanks all had to miss the trip unfortunately but it was the right decision. Hope you're all okay

------
Something I missed in that post- thank you so so much to Anon_98 for calming me down whenever it was last week, even you didn't know for most of it!. No idea what I would've ended up doing otherwise. So thank you
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Week 5

A tad late but we're at reading week finally after this one it'll be halfway to Christmas! Unfortunately that means work's picking up but let's ignore that for now....

Last week basically consisted of me dragging myself out of bed, just about making it to (some) lectures and then going back again. I've come to the conclusion I've probably had some kind of virus the last couple of weeks on top of chronic illness stuff but who knows tbh. I always feel like crap it's just the degree of different symptoms/conditions that varies.

So yeah, Monday I made it to the lab and met my group. There was a loaddd of work I needed to do from this, half of which I was meant to do the week before but didn't realise. I managed an hour or so each day on it bar Saturday and then most of today. Today shouldn't have taken that long but concentration is non existent so yeah. Tuesday I managed to sort a couple of little admin bits out (damn you stupid NHS fine letters I don't deserve) and had a complete meltdown about the trip on Wednesday. Wednesday I was really ill anyway so didn't go. Thursday I missed my morning lectures so I had some hope of doing the test in the afternoon which turned out to be cancelled anyway, and the two hour class was revision I'd already done so that was pointless. Friday I missed the lecture so I could do some more of the group stuff, cus I wouldn't have time over the weekend and it was stressing me out. Then my boyfriend came up in the evening and we went to a family party saturday which was nice, but very very tiring, and yesterday I just slept basically until rehearsal in the evening.

This week most classes aren't on for my course which is a relief I'm not getting further behind. I have an absolute tonne of work to do but will get done what I can. So, goals are:
- reread the paper for my (individual) project, research around it and get as much writing done as possible
- catch up on missed lectures (or at least the most important ones) and do the online test associated with one of them (that probably won't happen).
- do the band gig and preferably some practice before then, don't know when I last played that instrument. Then go home afterwards
- start writing group report
- not completely overdo it and send myself backwards again (yeah right).

Hope everyone's had/having a good week

Edit: turns out I do actually have lecture notes from.friday so I must have gone. It was obviously memorable maybe I did that instead in the end, idk
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
My @s don't seem to be working sorry people! Or they are but I can only do one at a time then tsr packs up and I'm not that patient, sorry

Edit: I can on the app! 04MR17 Anon_98 CoolCavy gcsemusicsucks Pathway Rigel sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd see above
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
:woo: for making it to reading week!
Don't work too hard though :penguinhug:
Glad you had a good time at the party :cube:
Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sorry it's been a difficult week - huge hugs for you :jumphug:
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
:woo: for making it to reading week!
Don't work too hard though :penguinhug:
Glad you had a good time at the party :cube:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, will try not to

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Sorry it's been a difficult week - huge hugs for you :jumphug:
You too. Thinking of you :penguinhug:
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
:console: if I can help, do let me know.
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Week 6

Monday is now the new friday apparently but halfway through the term!!

As I said in my last update, last Monday was spent on data analysis. I was absolutely knackered from this, but tuesday I managed to get a little bit of music practice done and saw my DSA mentor. Wednesday I had the test that I'd prepared for the week before, which thankfully was a) short and b) easy. Famous last words that! I think after this once I'd rested a bit I started work on my individual project, didn't get a great deal done but I did get my head a bit straighter on it so I could begin properly at home over the weekend. Thursday I had the band gig which went alright, for the band anyway- I was pretty awful but thankfully noone seemed to notice too much And I managed to catch up on a lecture beforehand, plus the journey was a lot less stressful than last time which helped. Friday I was obviously knackered but I did do a bit of work on my project late on- I got a diagram made and got some writing down anyway. My parents helped me with it on saturday which was kind, and I started writing my bit of the group lab report too which I've continued today (vaguely). Then yesterday I came back to uni and had my normal rehearsal, which went on forever but I guess was good.

Not a very interesting week i'm afraid! I didn't get all the work done I would have ideally but did a little bit each day and as much as I could manage, so that's a lot better than it could be. I quite like these updates as it makes me think about what I *have* been able to do- bar the three or four hours a day I talk about i'm mostly in bed, but that I can try and make the most of the energy I have (read: consistently use more than I have then wonder why I get worse) is a big thing. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive family and boyfriend to sort the general living stuff out for me as much as possible, it allows me to do so much more and ultimately have more independence. I hate that I do have to rely on them but I'm so grateful that I can and for what I am able to do.

So, targets. Of the ones I had last week I've probably done around half of my individual project now, albeit the slightly easier one. I caught up with the most important missed lecture but haven't yet done the online test, which is apparently horrible. I did the gig and went home (doggy!!!) and started the group report, which I've continued with today while my washing was in (look at me I can adult!). Not going to comment on the overdoing it part but hey New targets:
- Finish my stuff for the report, meet with my group and help tie it all together
- Somehow do this apparently ridiculous online test
- Complete my individual project (or as close as possible)
- Keep up with my other module and catch up on some of the bits I've not done for it- it might be easy, but that doesn't mean I can slack off too much....
The first three of these all have deadlines next week. The last one I just need to actually do :lol:

Hope everyone's alright- let me know if you want adding or removing from the tag list as usual.

04MR17 Anon_98 CoolCavy gcsemusicsucks Pathway Rigel sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Week 6

Monday is now the new friday apparently but halfway through the term!!

As I said in my last update, last Monday was spent on data analysis. I was absolutely knackered from this, but tuesday I managed to get a little bit of music practice done and saw my DSA mentor. Wednesday I had the test that I'd prepared for the week before, which thankfully was a) short and b) easy. Famous last words that! I think after this once I'd rested a bit I started work on my individual project, didn't get a great deal done but I did get my head a bit straighter on it so I could begin properly at home over the weekend. Thursday I had the band gig which went alright, for the band anyway- I was pretty awful but thankfully noone seemed to notice too much And I managed to catch up on a lecture beforehand, plus the journey was a lot less stressful than last time which helped. Friday I was obviously knackered but I did do a bit of work on my project late on- I got a diagram made and got some writing down anyway. My parents helped me with it on saturday which was kind, and I started writing my bit of the group lab report too which I've continued today (vaguely). Then yesterday I came back to uni and had my normal rehearsal, which went on forever but I guess was good.

Not a very interesting week i'm afraid! I didn't get all the work done I would have ideally but did a little bit each day and as much as I could manage, so that's a lot better than it could be. I quite like these updates as it makes me think about what I *have* been able to do- bar the three or four hours a day I talk about i'm mostly in bed, but that I can try and make the most of the energy I have (read: consistently use more than I have then wonder why I get worse) is a big thing. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive family and boyfriend to sort the general living stuff out for me as much as possible, it allows me to do so much more and ultimately have more independence. I hate that I do have to rely on them but I'm so grateful that I can and for what I am able to do.

So, targets. Of the ones I had last week I've probably done around half of my individual project now, albeit the slightly easier one. I caught up with the most important missed lecture but haven't yet done the online test, which is apparently horrible. I did the gig and went home (doggy!!!) and started the group report, which I've continued with today while my washing was in (look at me I can adult!). Not going to comment on the overdoing it part but hey New targets:
- Finish my stuff for the report, meet with my group and help tie it all together
- Somehow do this apparently ridiculous online test
- Complete my individual project (or as close as possible)
- Keep up with my other module and catch up on some of the bits I've not done for it- it might be easy, but that doesn't mean I can slack off too much....
The first three of these all have deadlines next week. The last one I just need to actually do :lol:

Hope everyone's alright- let me know if you want adding or removing from the tag list as usual.

04MR17 Anon_98 CoolCavy gcsemusicsucks Pathway Rigel sinfonietta The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yaaay glad that test went well! :hugs: I'm sure the gig still sounded great :yep: Sounds like you've been incredibly productive so you deserve a little break once in a while Good luck for those deadlines though! :afraid:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lemur14
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well done for getting to half way :yay: and for that test :woo:
Glad you had a relatively successful week :penguinhug: Good luck for all those deadlines this week :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well done on getting to halfway through term! Proud of you :penguinhug:
Rigel
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yay halfway!! That went so quickly :eek:

Glad your family and boyfriend provide a lot of support to you. It's nice that you're taken care of and can focus on your studies when you have the energy, rather than worrying about housework and stuff. :yep: Also staying in bed is a very productive thing to do :teeth:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%