The Student Room Group

Furry's second grade- a chronic illness blog

Scroll to see replies

So glad you took the time to rest and that seeing the GP helped :hugs: Proud of you for planning to still go through with the exams as well! :jumphug: But of course don't overdo it :nah:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Weeks 10 and 11

Sorry for lack of update last week :redface: it got so late I figured I may as well wait for this one, and just didn't have the energy.

Week 10 I had my lab on the monday morning in which I tried to catch up on some of the stats and data preparation stuff the rest of the class had done the week before. I worked slowly but did get some done, despite really not feeling great. On the Tuesday I missed an optional lecture I had actually intended/needed to go to, but then had mentoring. She commented on how rubbish I looked and I said I was going home straight after so yeah. My mum came and went and I chucked some stuff in a bag/did the washing up and she took me home. The rest of the week was basically just resting. I finished the stats stuff off at some point and caught up on a lecture but think that was about it workwise. My boyfriend came up for the weekend which was lovely, my mum fed us lots and we watched paddington cus he hadn't seen it (the only film ever I had and him not probably!). Then I came back up here sunday afternoon/evening.

Going home helped, it means I can hopefully get to the end of the term which I really wouldn't have otherwise. It's mostly just meant I've felt worse this week, I missed a lot too in the almost week I was away. Monday I felt absolutely awful, I made it to the lab but just stared into space for most of it. There was a social I wanted to go to monday night but didn't get there. Tuesday I had mentoring again and we talked through getting an extension on my lab report, and my plan for exams. I really want to try and sit them, it feels a shame not to after all this work. So I'm going to give them a go I think, or at least the first two then the last one I'll have to see. Once I got home and I thought about it all a bit more I realised it might be better to ask for the lab report to be deferred to next term. I hadn't even started it and didn't know when I was going to. It came down to that I was either going to really push myself to get it done at the expense of my health and all of my exams, or do that. So after seeing the disability team and my tutor that's what i'm going to do. It hasn't been officially confirmed yet but I'm very relieved.

That's pretty much been my week, with a few minor breakdowns along the way. My lectures thursday and friday were cancelled thankfully, I did go to the seminar on wednesday which was helpful even if I didn't participate much. I've got a lot better idea of what's expected in the exams now. I also saw my GP which was actually pretty helpful for once, got some rescue meds to deal with a couple of my symptoms which have been really bothering me the last few weeks. Hopefully they help once I actually drag myself to the pharmacy to pick them up! I pulled out a concert I was meant to do tonight so I could try and get through the one tomorrow and the rest of the week. Today itself ended up insanely stressful which I won't go into on here, but I am quite proud of how I handled it and very grateful to my parents, boyfriend and uni support staff for helping me get through it.

Sorry for the long and slightly jumbled update! tl;dr I've really not been particularly well physically or mentally, but been doing my best to look after myself where I can. New targets for THE LAST WEEK OF TERM are:
- do stuff tomorrow but try not to kill myself in the process
- possibly have a go at the online test if I feel like it tomorrow night (yeah right... they take your best four out of five so it's not the end of the world. I wanted to get it done as the last one's likely to be harder but that just hasn't happened this week)
- do what I can for exam on wednesday and for the rearranged test I missed last week
- try get to at least one christmassy or social thing, even if it's not for very long

Hope everyone's okay, thank you for all your support on here as always and outside for those of you there. Let me know if you want removing from the taglist at any point, it's getting long now!

@04MR17 @Anon_98 @brainzistheword @CoolCavy @FloralHybrid @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @Rigel @sinfonietta @Slowbro93 @The_Lonely_Goatherd

Good luck in your exams. :console: Well done for getting through the week especially with everything going on. I'm glad the GP appointment was useful.
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
So glad you took the time to rest and that seeing the GP helped :hugs: Proud of you for planning to still go through with the exams as well! :jumphug: But of course don't overdo it :nah:

Original post by Pathway
Good luck in your exams. :console: Well done for getting through the week especially with everything going on. I'm glad the GP appointment was useful.

Thank you both :redface: I have one exam this week (and a class test thing I might couple of weeks back), then the rest are after Christmas. So at least I have some time before then
Good luck for your exams! Well done for almost reaching the end of term!
Hope the stressful problems don't make anything too much worse :console:
Just the final stretch now, you've got this :penguinhug:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you both :redface: I have one exam this week (and a class test thing I might couple of weeks back), then the rest are after Christmas. So at least I have some time before then

Good luck :hugs:
Week 12

End of term!! :party:

I've not really done a great deal this week. I had the test I missed a few weeks ago Monday morning and then an exam for the same module on Wednesday. Both were over very quickly which I was thankful for, and went basically okay. Tuesday I had mentoring where I explained what I'd done re the deferral etc, and the situation from Saturday and we talked about Christmas a little bit. After the exam Wednesday I went to the uni carol service which was nice, and then packed up (at length- it got complicated!) and came home thursday morning. My gig last night was cancelled but I decided go to something else last minute which was nice. I've had to pull out of what I was doing tomorrow as I'm really not very well but hopefully will be able to do the other gig with my home band on Monday, it'd be nice to see people.

I think my plan for this week is just to rest mostly, and do bits of work where I can. Catch up on some missed lectures, get a few bits out the way that need doing before exams, etc. Then I'm in the best place to start revision properly once Christmas is done with. Hopefully I can see my boyfriend for a few days too, at his if I'm well enough or if not at mine. Targets from last week I think I did all of, bar the online test which I gave up on. So I need to the alternative one at some point as well, but need to catch up on the lectures for it first. So with that in mind, targets are:
- Sleep! Is the main thing
- Catch up on at least three missed lectures (i've literally missed about 2/3 of the second part of this module for various reasons :redface:)
- Do the random online bits
- See my boyfriend and hopefully do the other gig

Hope everyone's okay :smile: enjoy your break those that have one, and not another week!

@04MR17 @Anon_98 @brainzistheword @CoolCavy @FloralHybrid @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Protostar @Rigel @sinfonietta @Slowbro93 @The_Lonely_Goatherd
(edited 5 years ago)
Yaaay glad the test and exam went okay! :smile: Carol service :gah:
Enjoy the break, you deserve it! :jumphug:
Well done for getting through another term - proud of you :penguinhug:
End of term :party: Well done for everything, especially the exam! Hope this week is as restful as possible :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yaaay glad the test and exam went okay! :smile: Carol service :gah:
Enjoy the break, you deserve it! :jumphug:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done for getting through another term - proud of you :penguinhug:

Original post by Lemur14
End of term :party: Well done for everything, especially the exam! Hope this week is as restful as possible :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Late but thanks all :redface:
Update 12 (I think)

Doing this quickly now before I hopefully sleep :redface: but not a great deal to report this week. I managed to get a cold to celebrate the end of term which for someone with difficult to control asthma and various chronic illnesses can be pretty dangerous. Fortunately I seem to have avoided complications *crosses fingers* and the worst passed reasonably quickly, but did have me really very ill for the first half of the week, and definitely not at my best for the rest.

All that said, I have managed at length to do the last online test I needed to do. I hadn't made it to the lectures for it and one of the articles to require took me foreverr to get my head round it but there you go, it's done. I've also done a few smaller bits for one of my other modules and submitted them tonight. So everything that isn't exams is done with until semester 2 starts end of January. Bar the assignment I got deferred to later in the year, I will officially be halfway through uni then! :eek3:

That's been pretty much it! My boyfriend's been up the last few days which has been really nice, even if I'm not at my most lively. I wasnt well enough to get to the concert with my home band which I was upset about, it was definitely the right decision though- i couldn't have even sat there for two hours let alone played. But i'm probably not going to see them until March now which is a shame. Damn you body!

I'll probably do some kind of end of year update towards the end of the week, I'll have started revision by then too (help). But until then it's just getting through Christmas etc which I find very stressful, if hopefully nice as well. So my aim is to make a start on the 28th, giving me about ten days to my first exam. Oops,

Hope everyone has a lovely festive week, whatever you're doing for it. I know it's not easy for everyone here at all but hopefully we all find something we can enjoy a bit :smile: Merry Christmas! :santa2:

(edited 5 years ago)
Halfway through uni feels incredibly scary.:hide:

Sorry to hear you've been ill.:puppyeyes:

Get better right now!:fuhrer:
Sorry you’ve been poorly :console: hope you can have a good birthday & christmas - you deserve it :yep: :hugs:
Happy belated birthday. :redface: Merry Christmas too. :jumphug:
Hope you manage to have a good break and Christmas - happy belated birthday too :jumphug:
Sorry you got ill :frown: But well done for pushing through and getting that online test done! :hugs: As for the revision, you've totally got this, just make sure to rest as well! :yep:
Hope you have a lovely stress-free (if not, almost) Christmas! :claus: (Also I had no idea it was your birthday until I saw the posts above but hope you had a lovely birthday as well! :jumphug:)
Super inspiring blog, thanks for making the time to write
Original post by CoolCavy

Awww :colondollar: (you let the cat out the bag :shakecane:)

Original post by 04MR17
Halfway through uni feels incredibly scary.:hide:

Sorry to hear you've been ill.:puppyeyes:

Get better right now!:fuhrer:

It really does! How did that happen :redface: thanks- I am mostly cold-wise, that doesn't account for the rest of my body though!

Original post by Protostar
Sorry you’ve been poorly :console: hope you can have a good birthday & christmas - you deserve it :yep: :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Happy belated birthday. :redface: Merry Christmas too. :jumphug:

Original post by brainzistheword
Hope you manage to have a good break and Christmas - happy belated birthday too :jumphug:

Thanks all- you too! You weren't late anyway Brainz or Pathway :tongue:

Sorry you got ill :frown: But well done for pushing through and getting that online test done! :hugs: As for the revision, you've totally got this, just make sure to rest as well! :yep:
Hope you have a lovely stress-free (if not, almost) Christmas! :claus: (Also I had no idea it was your birthday until I saw the posts above but hope you had a lovely birthday as well! :jumphug:)

Thank you :redface: you too! Yeah, I was not mentioning that :lol:

Original post by shreyaa02
Super inspiring blog, thanks for making the time to write

Thanks for reading! Are you studying at the moment? :smile:
Awww :colondollar: (you let the worm out of the can )

:mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending