The Student Room Group

Basic laptop for around £250? - Is it possible?

English student
Need:
Microsoft office inc word and onenote
Internet browser
Decent battery life (4 hours maybe?)
Storage not important as I have a 64 gb memory stick and am okay using online storage

Can go up to maaaybe £500 but would prefer to keep it as close to £250 as possible
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
English student
Need:
Microsoft office inc word and onenote
Internet browser
Decent battery life (4 hours maybe?)
Storage not important as I have a 64 gb memory stick and am okay using online storage

Can go up to maaaybe £500 but would prefer to keep it as close to £250 as possible

you want new or not mind used?
Reply 2
Original post by alws
you want new or not mind used?

Not fussy. So long as it's not like falling apart/costs more to fix than it did to buy then I'm okay with whatever.
Reply 3
although ideally would last me 3 years of uni
Reply 4
although ideally would last me 3 years of uni

what will you be using it for?
Reply 5
Original post by alws
what will you be using it for?

English course so as far as I know I will literally just need microsoft word and onenote plus some sort of browser. Can do bulk of storage on a USB so I need a USB thing. Some sort of media player preferred but not essential. It will literally just be used for writing notes/essays/coursework and general browsing.
Reply 6
English course so as far as I know I will literally just need microsoft word and onenote plus some sort of browser. Can do bulk of storage on a USB so I need a USB thing. Some sort of media player preferred but not essential. It will literally just be used for writing notes/essays/coursework and general browsing.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7252985
Hi,

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Laptops, netbooks and tablets to get you more replies.

If you really need to sick to the low budget get a Chromebook. They're a bit limited but should be fine for what you want to do, any Windows machines at this price are pretty terrible. If you're willing to spend £500 then you can get a cheap Windows laptop.

Also, avoid using memory sticks, they get lost easily, snap in your pocket, and can fail any time etc. Back up all your work to some sort of cloud storage (automatic on a Chromebook and can easily be set up on Windows).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending