Student22002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have failed first year twice as I didn't do well in my first year but i got myself together and passed all my modules this year apart from one because i was remanded into prision and failed the module because I was in prison and couldn't get it done. Now im withdrawn from the course but I'm have appealed it but I'm wondering what the outcome will be?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student22002)
Hi I have failed first year twice as I didn't do well in my first year but got myself together this year but I was remanded and failed to get the two modules done because of this but now I am withdrawn from the course but I'm have appealed it but I'm wondering what the outcome will be of this?
What was the basis of the appeal?
Student22002
Rep:
?
That I was in prison and could not get the module completed because of this
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wasn't expecting that!

I'm not sure this is a valid ground for appeal. You need to speak to Student Services at your University I think, but it sounds like the Board of Examiners have taken a decision.
Student22002
Rep:
?
Well what else would I have written on the forum as I needed evidence for whatever excuse I would of written on the forum so I submitted my release papers with the appeal forum. I have not been convicted of the crime though. What way will the board look at this excuse though?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Moved to University life
Student22002
Rep:
?
I wasn't looking for a smart answer
bobbybrown12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LOOOOOOOL what did u do to go prison
Student22002
Rep:
?
Abh
bobbybrown12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Abh
Ouch, you’re a violent one aren’t you
Student22002
Rep:
?
Can you assist me though I'm not looking smart answers as my degree is my future
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Hi I have failed first year twice as I didn't do well in my first year but i got myself together and passed all my modules this year apart from one because i was remanded into prision and failed the module because I was in prison and couldn't get it done. Now im withdrawn from the course but I'm have appealed it but I'm wondering what the outcome will be?
Does that mean you were in prison at the time of the exams or just the time of the lectures?
Did you let them know at the time? how long were you on remand for?
If you were on remand does it now mean the proceedings have finished and you have been found not guilty?

You would have to look up the regulations on appeals that are particular to your university and see if you could construct an argument that was based on one of the accepted grounds.

What has the adviser at the SU said?

Impossible to say what the outcome will be because we arent fortune tellers and theres not enough information to assess the merits of your case.

They might take you back and they might not based on a conviction alone.
You will just have to wait and see.

It is a bit unfortunate for you failing twice as that is going to have implications for your student funding. I partly feel if I had failed year 1 twice then either uni or that course wasnt for me. SFE may not fund another first year. they may be a lot more sympathetic if you were found not guilty.
Student22002
Rep:
?
Case was thrown out I failed the exam over the preliminary period as I did not sit it as there was domestic issues going on I submitted an ec1 fourm and spoke to the head of the course and I was allowed to resit it over the summer repeat period I done the work in jail but the screws would not allow me to pass it to a family member so they could submit it on my behalf
Student22002
Rep:
?
Uni is rite for me I am fit and able for the course it was issues at home the was preventing me from doing my best. I'm free from these issues now but its looking downhill from here its just I wish I got away from them sooner but its not looking good now if you know what I'm saying
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why were you in prison?
Student22002
Rep:
?
Aoabh
Jessy212615
Badges: 6
Report 1 year ago
Ahh, you’re in a pretty difficult situation, the only advice I can give you would be to discuss your situation with your student services (If you haven’t already) and see if they’ll be conciderate especially since you’re taking your education so seriously.
Best of luck and hope it goes well!
Student22002
Rep:
?
Ok thanks very much for your honest answer. Only thing is the su will be biast towards me can I not bring my own solicitor with me to the appeal as the su will look at me as a scumbag if you understand what im saying
bobbybrown12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh i would find another university
Student22002
Rep:
?
It's nothing to do with the university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?