The Student Room Group

Feeling out of place

So I have never been the one to go out and get smashed every night like some, in fact last night was my first night out. I'm 18 and I really don't have a desire to go out clubbing all the time. I feel like this will segregate me from my flat mates and most people at uni. Any advice?
Original post by BoeJanksy
So I have never been the one to go out and get smashed every night like some, in fact last night was my first night out. I'm 18 and I really don't have a desire to go out clubbing all the time. I feel like this will segregate me from my flat mates and most people at uni. Any advice?

I'm the same. The idea of clubbing is actually a nightmare to me. I refuse to go clubbing and always have. I'm still a social person. I'll happily go out for a meal or for a quick drink but I want to be curled up in bed by 11. Preferably curled up on the sofa at 8 watching a film with tea.

At first people will think you're a little weird. But as long as you're still social and a nice person they'll learn to accept that it's just you and you're still fun to be around. Don't feel pressured to always be going out or doing things, stand your ground and people will learn to accept it.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
I'm the same. The idea of clubbing is actually a nightmare to me. I refuse to go clubbing and always have. I'm still a social person. I'll happily go out for a meal or for a quick drink but I want to be curled up in bed by 11. Preferably curled up on the sofa at 8 watching a film with tea.

At first people will think you're a little weird. But as long as you're still social and a nice person they'll learn to accept that it's just you and you're still fun to be around. Don't feel pressured to always be going out or doing things, stand your ground and people will learn to accept it.

Thanks for the response, this has made me feel better about the situation. I too am sociable and am happy too go for a couple of drinks but I feel like there is too much pressure to get drunk and forget freshers. I'd much prefer to wake up fresh and not feeling like death.
Original post by BoeJanksy
Thanks for the response, this has made me feel better about the situation. I too am sociable and am happy too go for a couple of drinks but I feel like there is too much pressure to get drunk and forget freshers. I'd much prefer to wake up fresh and not feeling like death.

I don't see why getting blackout drunk is even desirable!

Quick Reply

Latest