Why is incest wrong?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
YellowBellow
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just an interesting ethical question that I thought I would pose.
Why is consensual incest between same sex, related adults considered wrong
(Eg, same-sex siblings)?
No one is being violated, there is no risk of deformed children, and both parties are willingly involved.
Please, can I have proper ethical objections rather than just," its wrong because I find it yucky and it makes me go eww".Remember people had those same feelings towards interracial and same-sex relationships.
ofdro
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Because it's yucky and makes people go eww.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
there is no risk of deformed children? where are you getting that information because i'm seeing the opposite.
YellowBellow
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
there is no risk of deformed children? where are you getting that information because i'm seeing the opposite.
In my post, I specified that the incest if happing between same sex, siblings. In this case, I ask why is it wrong?

PS.brush up on your reading.
Joleee
Report 3 years ago
you right my bad. i missed that part.
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by YellowBellow)
(Eg, same-sex siblings)?
No one is being violated, there is no risk of deformed children, and both parties are willingly involved.
Please, can I have proper ethical objections rather than just," its wrong because I find it yucky and it makes me go eww".Remember people had those same feelings towards interracial and same-sex relationships.
only the enlightened can know the answer
Satori Tendō
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
dude... not so long ago same sex was yucky and made people go eww.
Its only a matter of time that society forces incest on us also. The argument that you should be free to love whoever you want is going to extend to that point soon.
I mean, if the unnaturalness of it is what makes it yucky, then why has same sex been accepted? Its only a matter of time. Lets wait for all of our ignorant minds to be enlightened. XD
Joleee
Report 3 years ago
In my post, I specified that the incest if happing between same sex, siblings. In this case, I ask why is it wrong?

PS.brush up on your reading.
sorry i don't always take troll threads that seriously. good luck convincing others you're right.
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Eg, same-sex siblings)?
Why same sex? U can't flipping make babies that way so talking about deformed children is silly. In a standard incest couple it's just outright disgusting and anyone saying otherwise is just being too politically correct
YellowBellow
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
sorry i don't always take troll threads that seriously. good luck convincing others you're right.
I'm not trolling, As someone who supports the LGBT community shouldn't you be open to those loving and sleeping with those they truly are affectionate for.
Zaporizhia
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Eg, same-sex siblings)?
Based on the closeness of a relative, the children can become extremely deformed. Charles II of Spain could no longer chew properly due to the level of inbreeding in the Habsburg royal family.
YellowBellow
Rep:
(Original post by cloud_9_)
Why same sex? U can't flipping make babies that way so talking about deformed children is silly. In a standard incest couple it's just outright disgusting and anyone saying otherwise is just being too politically correct
Can you give me a reason why it is wrong?,beyond just what you feel.
YellowBellow
Rep:
p
(Original post by Zaporizhia)
Based on the closeness of a relative, the children can become extremely deformed. Charles II of Spain could no longer chew properly due to the level of inbreeding in the Habsburg royal family.

Please read the post properly, I'm talking about instances where the incestuous relationship occurs in same-sex siblings.
Zaporizhia
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
p

Please read the post properly, I'm talking about instances where the incestuous relationship occurs in same-sex siblings.
What if they chose to have a child through a surrogate mother? How would the baby turn out?
YellowBellow
Rep:
(Original post by Zaporizhia)
What if they chose to have a child through a surrogate mother? How would the baby turn out?
If the child receives adequate care and attention, there is no reason to say it will turn out any worse than a child raised by non-related parents.
I don't think the relation status of the parents has any bearing on the child's quality of upbringing.
mahmoodjr
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I agree entirely with this point. You will soon be ostracised by society for voicing any opposition to incest. All the arguments that apply to same-sex relationships apply to same-sex siblings. In the name of equality and building a 'progressive' society, people will render anyone who feels that incest is inherently wrong as a bigot, 'incestophobic' , etc even though it is they who are being regressive in suppressing people's right to freedom of expression.
username2975726
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
someone has been watching too much game of thrones
sandytablet
Report 3 years ago
The main reason is because it causes very harmful defects for the baby. There is also the factor about how siblings are close friends and it’s revolting to imagine sex with a family member because i think it violates the image of purity and innocence associated with siblings, parents etc.

It’s very taboo!
YellowBellow
Rep:
(Original post by Lilligant22)
The main reason is because it causes very harmful defects for the baby. There is also the factor about how siblings are close friends and it’s revolting to imagine sex with a family member because i think it violates the image of purity and innocence associated with siblings, parents etc.

It’s very taboo!
I'm specifically talking about instances between same-sex siblings,please read the original post properly.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Popular in West Yorkshire.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (1)
50%
The paper was reasonable (1)
50%
Not feeling great about that exam... (0)
0%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads