The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is incest wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YellowBellow
I'm specifically talking about instances between same-sex siblings,please read the original post properly.

This applies the same way.
Care to provide a valid reason why incest between same-sex siblings is wrong?,ill wait
Look at countries like Pakistan and India for children born with disabilities. How many of them have been caused by generations of incest?
If the child receives adequate care and attention, there is no reason to say it will turn out any worse than a child raised by non-related parents.
I don't think the relation status of the parents has any bearing on the child's quality of upbringing.

No, I meant in terms of disability and health issues.
Original post by Lilligant22
This applies the same way.

There is no risk of deformity with same sex, siblings. Also just because some people find something repulsive is not a valid reason for why it is morally wrong, some people feel that way about gay relationships.
Original post by Zaporizhia
No, I meant in terms of disability and health issues.

I'm talking specifically about incest between same-sex sibling that are adults, please read the post properly.
There is no risk of deformity with same sex, siblings. Also just because some people find something repulsive is not a valid reason for why it is morally wrong, some people feel that way about gay relationships.

You asked why it is wrong, and I explained why I would, personally, find it morally wrong. I said it is a violation of the image of innocence I see with family members.
Incest is Wincest
it's a weak little rhetorical device when you take any bizarre sex act and then try to validate it by comparing detractors to racists and homophobics. two brothers = family relationship, and we as humans develop a natural aversion and disgust to brother/sister/parent sexual relationships to ensure we don't pass on recessive genes. it's evolution.
You asked why it is wrong, and I explained why I would, personally, find it morally wrong. I said it is a violation of the image of innocence I see with family members.

"the image of innocence you see with family members"
Can you tell me why you see you're family members as innocent but no a person your not related to?
Original post by Other_Owl
Look at countries like Pakistan and India for children born with disabilities. How many of them have been caused by generations of incest?

We can’t prove that those disabilities are to do with incest. The OP is talking about same-Sex sibling relationships.
Original post by gjd800
Popular in West Yorkshire.

Is it really ?
a
Original post by snugglebear
it's a weak little rhetorical device when you take any bizarre sex act and then try to validate it by comparing detractors to racists and homophobics. two brothers = family relationship, and we as humans develop a natural aversion and disgust to brother/sister/parent sexual relationships to ensure we don't pass on recessive genes. it's evolution.

My original post is not asking why people find it repulsive, it's asking why people consider it morally wrong, you can find things repulsive and not think they are morally wrong.
Please try again.
I'm talking specifically about incest between same-sex sibling that are adults, please read the post properly.

Then why mention child deformities at all?
"the image of innocence you see with family members"
Can you tell me why you see you're family members as innocent but no a person your not related to?

Yes: I grew up with my family members. I knew my siblings when they were tiny and have watched them grow. The thought of my parents having sex makes me cringe, let alone my siblings. I also find it rude and vulgar in general sometimes when people speak very specifically of their sexual experiences to me: again, because this corrupts the image I held of them.

Think of it like when everyone found out that Chuck Norris was homophobic. Everyone disliked him after then because his image was corrupted.
(edited 5 years ago)
l
Original post by Other_Owl

My original post is talking about incest between same sex, adult siblings. In such a case there is no risk of deformity.
Yes: I grew up with my family members. I knew my siblings when they were tiny and have watched them grow. The thought of my parents having sex makes me cringe, let alone my siblings. I also find it rude and vulgar in general sometimes when people speak very specifically of their sexual experiences to me: again, because this corrupts the image I held of them.

Think of it like when everyone found out that Chuck Norris was homophobic. Everyone disliked him after then because his image was corrupted.

I'm not asking you why you find it repulsive,I'm asking you why you think it is morally wrong,you can find things repulsive that you don't think are morally wrong.
lMy original post is talking about incest between same sex, adult siblings. In such a case there is no risk of deformity.

It with the same-sex it's gross and wrong and they could still pick up any STI and STDs.
Original post by Tommy123Hull
Incest is Wincest

No surprise youre from Hull :laugh:
Reply 39
Original post by Blackpanther93
Is it really ?

Yep. Highest recorded instances last time the stats were released. Closely followed by Kent, if memory serves.

Latest

Trending

Trending