dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Cant seem to make my mind over which uni I should go to. I am changing courses from business and Ive alread done my first year at loughborough so I kind of wanted to change unis as well not that loughborough is bad but the town is dead tbh. Leicester is a bustling city which I would definitely prefer.

IMO both unis are similar but when it comes to uk tables loughborough is quite a bit better top 10 in almost every uk table.
International tables suggest they are both similar to an extent, THE ranks leicester higher than Loughborough both overall and in subject ranking. QS ranks both equally overall but in subject rankings, it places loughborough about a 100 places higher. All of this has me confused and is making my decision very difficult.

I will appreciate it if anyone can give any suggestions on which uni would be a better option.
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dddd1)
Cant seem to make my mind over which uni I should go to. I am changing courses from business and Ive alread done my first year at loughborough so I kind of wanted to change unis as well not that loughborough is bad but the town is dead tbh. Leicester is a bustling city which I would definitely prefer.

IMO both unis are similar but when it comes to uk tables loughborough is quite a bit better top 10 in almost every uk table.
International tables suggest they are both similar to an extent, THE ranks leicester higher than Loughborough both overall and in subject ranking. QS ranks both equally overall but in subject rankings, it places loughborough about a 100 places higher. All of this has me confused and is making my decision very difficult.

I will appreciate it if anyone can give any suggestions on which uni would be a better option.
Hi dddd1

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving Loughborough. Changing to Comp Sci is a big difference. Yes we do rank better than Leicester but Leicester is still a good university. If it's city life that you're after - have you considered Nottingham? They rank better than Leicester and the city is also bigger. I would think it was definitely worth looking in to as another option.
Compare the modules and if you get the chance go on the open days so you get a feel for what you prefer.

If I can help anymore let me know.
Vicky
dddd1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Wouldve loved to go leeds or nottingham but leicester is the only other option for me.
Loughborough University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dddd1)
Wouldve loved to go leeds or nottingham but leicester is the only other option for me.
Good luck with your decision

Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.53%
No (208)
76.47%

Watched Threads