The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Will I get offer for Nottingham?

I'm looking to apply for Nottingham for next year however, I'm slightly worried it would be too acedemic and I would feel out my depth going there, also, how flexible are they with grades are they lenient if you slightly miss offer or is it really difficult to get Into as a highly applied to uni
It really depends on the subject you are applying for.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by NotNotBatman
It really depends on the subject you are applying for.

I'm applying for French maybe with politics or business or maybe just French
Original post by Annleex
I'm applying for French maybe with politics or business or maybe just French

I wouldn't know about French , what I can say is that, I've heard a lot of people say they got in through clearing or were accepted with lower grades (now that's just word of mouth), but I know in my department (maths) they were pretty lenient on retakes.

As for it being too academic; it won't be , there are entry requirements for a reason and if there are different requirements for everyone, they would get everyone up to scratch, but this happens a lot faster than in previous education.
Reply 4
Original post by NotNotBatman
I wouldn't know about French , what I can say is that, I've heard a lot of people say they got in through clearing or were accepted with lower grades (now that's just word of mouth), but I know in my department (maths) they were pretty lenient on retakes.

As for it being too academic; it won't be , there are entry requirements for a reason and if there are different requirements for everyone, they would get everyone up to scratch, but this happens a lot faster than in previous education.

Yeh true, there are about 35000 students there so would think they would have places through clearing
Original post by Annleex
Yeh true, there are about 35000 students there so would think they would have places through clearing

Are you currently doing some form of education and talking about 2018/19 entry? If so mindset you should have is to get the required graded rather than clearing, of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with going through clearing, since previous education, such as a levels may not even be the best indicator of how you'll perform at uni, but you should work hard and do not focus on inconsequential things that won't matter in the long run. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending