Caius, Trinity or John's? Watch

Sergio000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,
I'm struggling to pick between Caius, Trinity and St John's for computer science.

All are relatively central and large which is what I'm looking for. All have a roughly 6-1 applicant to offer ratio, which seems pretty standard for computer science and all have traditional nice looking buildings. Other things that are important to me are accommodation and facilities like a decent gym.

Do you guys have any advice on the specific advantages of one of these colleges over another and which one do you think I'm most likely to get an offer from seeing as I go to a private school and don't take A level computing (if this makes a difference).

Thanks a lot in advance
username3720230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Roll a dice and if it's even pick Trinity and if it's odd pick Caius simple really
Sergio000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by sameactuallylol)
Roll a dice and if it's even pick Trinity and if it's odd pick Caius simple really
So not John's?
I know what you mean, but Im scared I'll regret my choice if I pick like that.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They're more similar than they are different. Just pick one.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sergio000)
Hi,
I'm struggling to pick between Caius, Trinity and St John's for computer science.

All are relatively central and large which is what I'm looking for. All have a roughly 6-1 applicant to offer ratio, which seems pretty standard for computer science and all have traditional nice looking buildings. Other things that are important to me are accommodation and facilities like a decent gym.

Do you guys have any advice on the specific advantages of one of these colleges over another and which one do you think I'm most likely to get an offer from seeing as I go to a private school and don't take A level computing (if this makes a difference).

Thanks a lot in advance
Offer rates should not be a factor in choosing a college. And neither is going to a private school...

Pick the college you prefer, in the knowledge that an offer may come from a different college anyway.
zeldor711
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'd probably choose Trinity on the basis that it has more computer scientists than the other colleges and I just prefer Trinity's architecture.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (392)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (97)
14.1%

Watched Threads