The Student Room Group

Is anyone else from the UK, or in Year 11?

I'm in Year 11 and I kinda just wanna know how everyone's survived XD Like, homework and all that.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I don't know if i can be of any help cuz i did my GCSEs in one year only :colondollar: i did only 6
Reply 2
What do you mean you did it in one year only?
Original post by MHall8
What do you mean you did it in one year only?

Well,
i did my GCSEs in one year only because i came to the uk in year 11. Did them in a private college.
Reply 4
Ooooh okay I get it now
i am in year 11 right now and its soo f*** stressful
😭😘
Original post by MHall8
I'm in Year 11 and I kinda just wanna know how everyone's survived XD Like, homework and all that.

I’m in year 11... I have a maths test Tomorrow and haven’t revised 😬😹

How was your day?? Also what’s your revision like?
I've finished Year 11, and currently doing Chemistry, Economics and Law. I'm attempting to sign up for a CISI as well.
:-)
Original post by MHall8

It's so easy compared to A-levels. If you start revising properly from the beginning, getting 9's are no problem at all.
Reply 9
Original post by Ferrari101
I’m in year 11... I have a maths test Tomorrow and haven’t revised 😬😹

How was your day?? Also what’s your revision like?

My day wasn't too bad thanks! Usually, when I try and revise, I make flash cards, read revision guides or watch videos. But I'm still struggling to remember some things
Reply 10
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
It's so easy compared to A-levels. If you start revising properly from the beginning, getting 9's are no problem at all.

I struggle to revise though. I gave no idea what ways are the best
Reply 11
Original post by MydaMina
I've finished Year 11, and currently doing Chemistry, Economics and Law. I'm attempting to sign up for a CISI as well.
:-)

I'm actually tempted to do Law when I leave school, but I'm not sure yet. Gotta pass Core subjects first XD
Reply 12
Original post by manusha.12345
i am in year 11 right now and its soo f*** stressful
😭😘

Omg I know right. I almost had a breakdown today XD
Reply 13
Also, if anyone wants to have a conversation, feel free to pm me and we can chat! :biggrin:
Original post by MHall8
My day wasn't too bad thanks! Usually, when I try and revise, I make flash cards, read revision guides or watch videos. But I'm still struggling to remember some things

Ahhh I do practice papers a lot... I don’t know whether it will be helpful for you or not but it’s a great way to understand the style of questions and test your knowledge at the same time.
Original post by MHall8
I struggle to revise though. I gave no idea what ways are the best

Same bro, same (still don't know). I'm not sure about new spec for all subjects but for maths do as many Different questions as possible. For english, practicve essay writing and what i did was a mark every 10 seconds when it comes to analysing text so you save time.
Reply 16
I'll try it! Thank you!
Reply 17
I did my GCSEs few moths ago, starting year 12 now. I got almost all 9s (and got 8s for English lit and language....) so ask me anything!

To be honest, from what I can tell you after 2 weeks of a levels, gcses don’t matter. You walk into college or sixth form, and no one asks you how you did - so my advice would be to just reach your personal goals, and make sure you get into the school you want to get into, so that you don’t close any doors in front of you at an early stage of life.
Reply 18
No, no one in the whole world is form the UK or in year 11.
Heya, I’m also in year 11!
How are you finding the work at the moment? Do you find it’s been a big step up from year 10??
For me, I find the work the same? It’s just the way the teacher teaches it to us, it’s all about remembering the KEY facts about a certain topic. Which I find is really hard (terrible at remembering things) If you wanna chat send me a message, happy to talk and we could talk about our experiences during the course of year 11 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending