Takeonme44
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I was just wondering as to whether or not I could get onto a Mathematical Modelling masters/ conversion course at Birmingham University for aspiring multidisciplinary scientists? I have a 2:1 in Chemistry from Southampton, my modules are heavily oriented towards physical chemistry and mathematics, but I just wonder if my degree is numerate enough.
Thanks.
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probably will be
Have you ever done any modelling in your course? I.e. Ab-inito calculations, DFT, Huckle Theory, Monte Carlo simulations

In an interview or personal statement you just really need to highlight anything relevant you have already done, why you are interested in it, and career goals
Takeonme44
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by iElvendork)
Probably will be
Have you ever done any modelling in your course? I.e. Ab-inito calculations, DFT, Huckle Theory, Monte Carlo simulations

In an interview or personal statement you just really need to highlight anything relevant you have already done, why you are interested in it, and career goals
Alright thanks, I'm really hoping to get into physics; and as I can't get into a physics masters program; I was thinking of getting a masters in mathematical modelling; and then an additional masters in physics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.85%
No (182)
76.15%

Watched Threads