Brexit - should we get a 2nd referendum? Watch

Shakespeareson
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
With the brexit date fast approaching there are more and more calls for a 2nd referendum... what are your thoughts?
Daryl Vincent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no lets just get on with it now
HalpMePlz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shakespeareson)
With the brexit date fast approaching there are more and more calls for a 2nd referendum... what are your thoughts?
Brexit was always going to be, and is, a colossal screw-up and needs to stop.
Sitsey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You say more and more calls but that means nothing. Nobody in the cabinet has called for it, just the failure of a Mayor, Mr Khan. He should be more concerned about the constant murder which plagues London.
Daryl Vincent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The London Mayor should be kicked out the country, even if we had another referednum the vote will still be leave
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Daryl Vincent)
no lets just get on with it now
Exactly
Vvcfgjj
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
brexit means brexit
VerAl1504
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You voted for the Brexit and it's going to happen. Now that they realise they ****ed up, they want to change it. News flash, you guys ****ed up. What's done is done. Better luck next time.
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A second referendum would be a massive FU to democracy and would have a much larger backlash than you'd think.

You can't just cry about something so much until you get it your own way
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And what would the options be? If remain win do we have best of three? If leave win again shall we go best of 5?

Can’t keep having votes until you get the result you wish.
levman2015
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not at all. Polls suggest a remain victory, but this is no reason for another as polls in 2016 predicted a remain victory, which was wrong. I believe it is wrong to make people vote again on this issue, as if it was the opposite result, there would not be talk of another so soon. Even talk of the so-called 'peoples's vote' is flawed and would be a second referendum through the backdoor. People did vote on leaving the EU. Not part of it, or most of it. Leaving meant to leave all five institutions and grant the UK freedom to make own deals. It seemed very clear what 'Leaving the European Union' meant. Another argument for a second referendum is that 'Vote Leave' lied and broke electoral laws. They haven't lied about NHS, as currently, the UK still pays money to the EU, so cannot funnel that into the NHS until these payments cease. Secondly, remain supporters claim that there was no talk by vote leave about the massive bill to be imposed on the UK (£39 Billion). However, this is untrue, as if there is a no deal brexit (Which is becoming more and more likely by the day), the current government states there will be no payments made. Claims that Vote Leave broke spending laws is partially true. This was due to misinformation by the Electoral Commission, as ruled by the high court, which either means that all elections and referendums since its creation in early 2000's are void as its proven it cannot do its job, or the result stands. The remain campaign could also be accused of spending breaches via its government support for a remain vote, shown by the spending of £9 million on glossy leaflets, as well as alloted spending. This is why I feel a second referendum is not justified, nor is needed as people knew what leaving the EU meant, as well as the initial campaign was ran as legally and (as of this post's date) honestly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads