The Student Room Group

Gcse options 2018

I am going to do both English Lit & Lang, maths, triple science, core pe, German, geography and pe. But I don’t know what to choose for my 4th option: French, History or food tech. I wanna do French the most because I speak a lot already and I want to be fluent (I used to live in Geneva) or history (cause I’m interested in the world) or food tech (I love cooking). I want to do the French the most but I have to get advised by the languages Department to do so (around a third of a year take 2 foreign languages) so what should I do?
Original post by Yhweh
I am going to do both English Lit & Lang, maths, triple science, core pe, German, geography and pe. But I don’t know what to choose for my 4th option: French, History or food tech. I wanna do French the most because I speak a lot already and I want to be fluent (I used to live in Geneva) or history (cause I’m interested in the world) or food tech (I love cooking). I want to do the French the most but I have to get advised by the languages Department to do so (around a third of a year take 2 foreign languages) so what should I do?

I did history for my GCSEs and it was boring as hell, it’s a lot of memorising dates and events. If you get a good teacher then history will be most exiting, history is also an easy subject to get a good grade. You could research about the work you will have to do on each of those subjects and make a decision.
Well french - it's the one you want to do the most?
But by the way food tech is a lot of theory, and a lot of History is remembering dates / knowing how to do exams.
Reply 4
Ok thanks I think I will put French if I get the choice to

Quick Reply

Latest