The Student Room Group

Help with finding a 3rd yr social work placement

Hi guy if there is anyone out there that can help - it would be very much appreciated.

I am with a University who does not find any of our social work placements. I do not work for a local authority and I have had to find my own placments in yr 1 & the 70 day placement in yr 2 as well as finding my own practice educator. I am now entering yr 3 and again having great difficulty in finding a 100 day placement . I have contacted 22 councils and organisation in North London asking if any of them can assist in giving me a 100 day placement starting in Jan 2019. One has responded by have very kindly responded by saying that they have a learning agreement with linked universities and therefore can't offer anything, other have said that they simply don't take students from the university that I am attached to and many others simple have not responded. Only one very kindly called me back in person to say that unfortunately they would not be able to help as they were tied into a partnership learning agreement but would call another contact to see if they can assist. I even contacted a London University asking if I could transfer to their 3rd year as I have hit a brick wall in finding a placement only to be told that I would have to start from yr 1.
So if there is anyone out there who can direct me as to how I get a 3rd year social work statutory placement with a Local Authority or an organisation that deals with statutory assessment/referrals in Children services please direct me as to where to go. As of writing this comment my University have given me until Thursday 20th Sept 2018 to submit my application or I will have to withdraw from the course in my final year simple on the bases that I can't secure a placement.
So if there is anyone out there who can assist I would be more them happy to hear from you.
Reply 1
hey just wondering if u found a placement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending