The Student Room Group

Applying for NHS Environmental Assistant and References-HELP

Basically I was going to apply for the role of an NHS environmental assistant, but I hesitated because it explains you need a good working record. The way they prove this is to ring your references; obviously. However I was let go from my last job (my first ever job) and although I was told I wouldn’t be given a bad reference-she did say, she would have to mention (if asked) that I was let go of.

Guys, do you think I should still apply for the NHS role? As I have been applying for other part time and full time jobs and a few have been getting back to me. And I have been to a few interviews.
It also mentions its essential to have cleaning experience, and I’ve never worked in cleaning jobs before. But I have cleaned a lot in my past job and work placements. So I am quite skilled for an amateur. In your opinions should I give it a go applying for this job role?

P.S. On every role I have applied for I’ve been truthful and said on the application I’ve been let go of (it it’s asked why I left my last job role). Should I make sure I mention I was let go of on an NHS application? Some people say you should never say you were sacked on an application form- but seeing as I’ve had a few interviews whilst still being 100% truthful on application forms; I don’t see the reason to lie about getting sacked.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending