The Student Room Group

Extended Project came back with a D

Hi
so I got predicted an A by my english teacher, so did my three classmates, and all three extended projects came back with a D. Is it an error? We have sent them remark but still they haven't come back.

And if they come back with a D, can I not send that grade with my uni application?
Reply 1
When did you start your epq
Original post by HN786
When did you start your epq

I started it at the beginning of year 12 and finished it in april i think.
Reply 3
Predicted A and getting a D is pretty weird. See what the remark is and how/if that’ll affect your uni application. If the remark comes back as a D then you have the right to have it externally moderated but if it comes back as a D twice then it’s likely just D level work
Reply 4
As far as I know, you have to declare all qualifications on your UCAS application. Universities will therefore know you got a D.
Thank you. Also do any of you know how long it takes to get the project remarked? taking into account that it is a whole class remark

Original post by Milax1x
Predicted A and getting a D is pretty weird. See what the remark is and how/if that’ll affect your uni application. If the remark comes back as a D then you have the right to have it externally moderated but if it comes back as a D twice then it’s likely just D level work
Reply 6
Original post by sofiaballesteros
Thank you. Also do any of you know how long it takes to get the project remarked? taking into account that it is a whole class remark

My class did a whole remark and it took a few months. We got our grades changed (drastically) as it was basically proven that the original marker had copy and pasted the feedback onto each essay even where it didn’t make sense. She also said I should make my paragraphs shorter (8 lines) and literally next paragraph said they should be longer(6 lines). Maybe without the college having to do an investigation I reckon you’d still be looking at at least a month.
Original post by sofiaballesteros
Hi
so I got predicted an A by my english teacher, so did my three classmates, and all three extended projects came back with a D. Is it an error? We have sent them remark but still they haven't come back.

And if they come back with a D, can I not send that grade with my uni application?

It could be an error but you will have to declare all grades on your application.

Quick Reply

Latest