The Student Room Group

want to do a cyber security apprenticeship.

I'm currently in sixth fork., year 12. I'm currently doing double It and sociology (I like sociology) l, I'm very interested in cyber security or jobs in that field. Alot of people are saying do the apprenticeship, since most of the jobs don't need a degree but having long term experience will benefit me greatly. I don't look forward to going to uni, but doing 2 apprenticeships; cyber security and in training for an electrician (my father knows the fundamentals of what an electrician does).
Do you guys think I'm making a good decision - for the future. Also, if all messes up, I have some great backups.
Original post by erwqrw
I'm currently in sixth fork., year 12. I'm currently doing double It and sociology (I like sociology) l, I'm very interested in cyber security or jobs in that field. Alot of people are saying do the apprenticeship, since most of the jobs don't need a degree but having long term experience will benefit me greatly. I don't look forward to going to uni, but doing 2 apprenticeships; cyber security and in training for an electrician (my father knows the fundamentals of what an electrician does).
Do you guys think I'm making a good decision - for the future. Also, if all messes up, I have some great backups.

Hi, have you heard of the NCSC bursary/apprenticeship? If you do a uni degree (doesn't have to be cyber security but you need to relate to cs in your application) they give you 4k a year and work experience/training during each summer whilst you're at uni, and a job after if you perform well. They also have an apprenticeship programme. Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 2
Yhyh, I'm in year 12, so I do have time to decide on what to do. I was just curious and I meant to do one out of the two

Quick Reply