Annalisa Rabbi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, in a few days I will be moving into Helen Graham House, a student hall in London, which is right in front of the British Museum. I was wondering if there's someone who has stayed/is staying there and if they could please tell me about their experience there. I heard that the staff is quite strict and I have read a lot of positive reviews on google but that's all.

Thank you in advance!
irenesorvil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I know it´s been a while since you posted this, but I´m considering applying for Helen Graham house next year. How is the experience going? Would you recomend it? Thanks!
sandrashevey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Incitement to race hate occurs. Residents are played off against each other. My complaint about mis-use of the shower room involved the Chinese but in no way was aimed at the Chinese. Nonetheless Manager Charlton instead of telling them to clean up after themselves probably said `Oh Shevey is a racist`. Therefore both the girl who uses the shower (and leaves it a mess) and her friend (who taped me illegally) called me `Racist`.

The incident quoted in another`s post on living at Helen Graham mentions assault by secuirty guard Francis. I said in a follow-up post I liked ihim and was sorry to hear this. Spoke to soon as now with the kibbosh on me Francis is intolerable. Tendered a letter to management at the desk. He did not accept it, say thank you, but made me toss it in through the aperture in the plexiglass. And then he did not even look after it. Treated it as if it was rubbish. An important letter too.

I on the other hand have experienced more antisemitism at Helen Graham than I have since being in grade school and having as a teacher an overbearing overweight battleax who invariablyi picked on the Jewish kids. The woman bore an unmistakable resemblance to Charlton but even she (teaching in the US) was not as fierce, as unrelenting, as longstanding as Charlton.

Although baptized I was rejected a couple of times over Christmas when I tried to join in at the Christmas Day lunch. `You are not a Christian` I was told. One, how do they know? and two, does it make a difference and three, why is there a vendetta to target me?

Helen Graham will ultimately be closed down. Should be!
Last edited by sandrashevey; 2 weeks ago
sandrashevey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have made 3 Crime Reference Police Reports about Helen Graham: one, theft; two, hate mail and three, racial name calling and assault. I now have all of the above with the addition of the two students (mentioned) loitering in front of my room 11pm; provoke; make noisel alarm etc. When I mentioned this to Charlton saying the police asked her to be more considerate of a 77 year old woman, the reply I got was `Your complaint was dismissed by police as `nuisnace`. Well, a royal flush, full house, how can the chicanery go wrong?! She inevitably talks them around. Moreoever, I am now (paying 200 pounds a week) in Solitary Confinement. People have been warned off talking to me not talking nicely but talking at all. Students are terrified at Helen Graham and what management says goes. A real Dickensian, Dotheboys Hall...Do The Boys...

Yesterday was worse than ever at Helen Graham. I am glad Mr. Blake was on duty and on Francis. Mrs. Charlton butted in while I was talking to Blake about a resident in Room 506 (beneath mine) playing his sax or some other musical instrument all day long. I am working on a new book and the noise was intolerable. His window is open. Mine is shut. And the noise was intolerable. I am AGE 77.Blake asked me how long the noise was ongoing and we were discussing when Charlton butted in. She barked that he had every right as do those performing aerobics in the kitchen above mine. I rebutted that everyone here has rights but I and I am a paying resident too. She said `IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT GET OUT`. I replied I have asked the council to re-house me..that I despise and fear it here..fear her. That I believe she meddles and lies to the police, to the council, etc. And for some reason her lies are credible which just shows the level of corruption in Britain. She shouted `Well you should ask them more forcefully`. AT this point the argument ended in tears my tears as not only do I have an Eviction WRit hanging over my head but I am being subjected to life threatening attacks while waiting to be re-housed. I am unwell aged and this is simply no good. All social service agencies in London seem to collaborate so the issue (as raised on here before) of whether Charlton or Francis can assault someone and get off scot free is really (pathetically) academic.
Last edited by sandrashevey; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (79)
11.99%
Virtual campus tours/open days (160)
24.28%
Live streaming events (52)
7.89%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
8.95%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (156)
23.67%