The Student Room Group

Chances of a Russell group with A Level resits?

Hi,

I originally applied to attend university last year (starting September 2018) but my A Level grades were not as I hoped for and after evaluating all possible options, I have decided to retake all three of my subjects during a gap year.

My original grades were as followed:

English Literature: B
Spanish: B
Latin: D

As these were far below my predicted grades of A*AA and I admittedly did not work nearly as hard as I should have, I believe retaking on a gap year to achieve grades that reflect my abilities would be the best option in the long run, especially as I now feel much more motivated to do well.

I strongly feel as if I can obtain A*AA if not higher but was wondering if any law schools would accept me this time round? I got an offer from Nottingham last year and would want to reapply for them and probably Exeter, York and Newcastle.

So I was just wondering if anyone thought I'd stand a chance at gaining a place with resits? I'm already working hard and my school said they'd predict me A*AA and along with a strong personal statement, reference and high LNAT school do you think I'd get a place or be wasting my time?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!
Original post by Arisapo
Hi,

I originally applied to attend university last year (starting September 2018) but my A Level grades were not as I hoped for and after evaluating all possible options, I have decided to retake all three of my subjects during a gap year.

My original grades were as followed:

English Literature: B
Spanish: B
Latin: D

As these were far below my predicted grades of A*AA and I admittedly did not work nearly as hard as I should have, I believe retaking on a gap year to achieve grades that reflect my abilities would be the best option in the long run, especially as I now feel much more motivated to do well.

I strongly feel as if I can obtain A*AA if not higher but was wondering if any law schools would accept me this time round? I got an offer from Nottingham last year and would want to reapply for them and probably Exeter, York and Newcastle.

So I was just wondering if anyone thought I'd stand a chance at gaining a place with resits? I'm already working hard and my school said they'd predict me A*AA and along with a strong personal statement, reference and high LNAT school do you think I'd get a place or be wasting my time?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

Resits have minimal effect and sometimes they might raise the offer by a grade, but not always.

It is likely you will get in with less than what your predicteds are.

Dont worry.

Write shorter sentences as well.

Quick Reply

Latest