Idkwhatimdoing25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm looking to start self studying A level physics and was wondering what's the difference between OCR A and OCR B Physics. Is one better than the other?
What's the normal one (most common) that people take at school?
Also, to anyone who has done OCR physics at A-Level, is the main thing to get a good grade to do a lot of exam practice or do you have any other tips??

Thanks
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
elena.slvpn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im doing OCR A physics and as far as I know this is the most common specification that most people take. There are far more resources for OCR A than B. Subject content between the two is a bit similiar but the exam style varies. For Physics A level, past papers are absolutely the best type of revision you could do. But also make sure to memorise all your equations even the ones given, as this would make it easier for you to apply them in calculations and save time in the exam.
Physicsandmathstutor website have past paper questions sorted by topic so check that out.
lcj01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am also doing OCR A, and I definitely agree that practice papers is the best way to get your grade up.
TimoXIII
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exam practice is king. Also, make sure to make use of websites such as Isaac Physics and Physics and Maths Tutor for more questions.

You could also buy additional books with tons of Qs available in them, usually won't find ones with questions that are very difficult but it can be handy to make sure that your basics are in check. I have used the book "Practice in Physics" published by Hodder throughout my Physics AS and A2, was useful when summary Qs in books weren't enough. One of my friends managed to grab a copy of some Shaum book with 3000+ problems or something, practice through stuff like that is key!

Good luck!
Last edited by TimoXIII; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (63)
29.72%
No (149)
70.28%

Watched Threads