ShannonKerryx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone

I'm applying to Surrey, Bristol, Nottingham and RVC for 2019 entry, and I'm sending off my application later this week. I'm a bit worried about my GCSE results, because these unis want 5 A grades including Biology and Chemistry. I have these (2 A*s, 4As and 3Bs) however one of my Bs was in chemistry. Will this put a disadvantage to my application?

My predicted grades are AAA and I've got above the minimum requirement for work exp, along with a good personal statement. Will this compensate??
VMD100
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The B will be a disadvantage, but I applied with a B in GCSE chemistry and got offers so it clearly isn't the end of the world, just means you don't have as easy ride as if you had an A
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have also replied to your post on the 2019 applicants thread but if you are eligible for a contextual offer then that is great news and hopefully it will make a difference to your application. The admissions departments of all the vet schools are super helpful and therefore I advise that you drop them an email to check how they feel about your B in chemistry in advance of applying. After all Liverpool, Edinburgh and Glasgow wouldn't have a problem with it and so would be alternative choices for you if Surrey, Nottingham or RVC replied to say they wouldn't be able to make you an offer and will save you wasting one/some of your 4 choices. There are many applicants every year that apply even though they don't meet the basic criteria for the course and they are usually rejected before interview unfortunately.

(Original post by ShannonKerryx)
Hi everyone

I'm applying to Surrey, Bristol, Nottingham and RVC for 2019 entry, and I'm sending off my application later this week. I'm a bit worried about my GCSE results, because these unis want 5 A grades including Biology and Chemistry. I have these (2 A*s, 4As and 3Bs) however one of my Bs was in chemistry. Will this put a disadvantage to my application?

My predicted grades are AAA and I've got above the minimum requirement for work exp, along with a good personal statement. Will this compensate??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads