The Student Room Group

McGill application stress

Hello,

Is there anybody here who has successfully submitted a McGill application? I have a few questions to ask.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anybody??
Reply 2
Hi!
I have submitted my McGill application (in early October) but I'm still waiting to hear back from them to see if I need to update anymore information/send more reports from my school etc.
Have you managed to submit your application yet?

What course do you want to study & where are you from?
I have applied to the Faculty of Arts and I'm hoping to study Art History and Italian. I'm based in York (UK) and don't know any other British applicants.
Have you visited McGill? I went to their Open House Day in October and loved it.

Which other universities have you applied for? I have also applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, UCL, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (all UK) in addition to McGill.

Lily :smile::smile:
Original post by lilyindira
Hi!
I have submitted my McGill application (in early October) but I'm still waiting to hear back from them to see if I need to update anymore information/send more reports from my school etc.
Have you managed to submit your application yet?

What course do you want to study & where are you from?
I have applied to the Faculty of Arts and I'm hoping to study Art History and Italian. I'm based in York (UK) and don't know any other British applicants.
Have you visited McGill? I went to their Open House Day in October and loved it.

Which other universities have you applied for? I have also applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, UCL, Exeter and the Courtauld Institute (all UK) in addition to McGill.

Lily :smile::smile:

Hey, I’m another McGill applicant as well, hoping to send my application off soon.

I’m wondering if you sat any AS levels, and if so, did you indicate them on your online application or did you just submit these on Minerva later? I will finish my education with 5 A-Levels and 3 AS levels and there’s only enough space to enter 7 subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by conjugcte
Hey, I’m another McGill applicant as well, hoping to send my application off soon.

I’m wondering if you sat any AS levels, and if so, did you indicate them on your online application or did you just submit these on Minerva later? I will finish my education with 5 A-Levels and 3 AS levels and there’s only enough space to enter 7 subjects.

Hi,
I didn't sit any AS Levels as my school has disbanded them, only taking A2s (next summer). So I only put in my predictions and sent off my GCSE results as scanned certificates after completing Minerva.
Hi,
I didn't sit any AS Levels as my school has disbanded them, only taking A2s (next summer). So I only put in my predictions and sent off my GCSE results as scanned certificates after completing Minerva.

Did you put your predictions into the online application? I thought those would be made into a document signed by some school official and then uploaded onto Minerva? I was just going to leave my A-Levels blank.
Reply 6
Did you put your predictions into the online application? I thought those would be made into a document signed by some school official and then uploaded onto Minerva? I was just going to leave my A-Levels blank.

Hi
No my predictions were just uploaded on documents with my GCSE results (from my school); I think I also left the A Level section blank. I rang them up about it in September as I was confused and concerned as to where to put them, but you add it later on in the document section.
Reply 7
Where are you based? Are you a Canadian student?
:smile:
Hi
No my predictions were just uploaded on documents with my GCSE results (from my school); I think I also left the A Level section blank. I rang them up about it in September as I was confused and concerned as to where to put them, but you add it later on in the document section.

Thank you so much! I’m an international student taking international A-Levels in Asia so I was a bit confused!
Reply 9
Thank you so much! I’m an international student taking international A-Levels in Asia so I was a bit confused!

No worries! I also found it really confusing at the time haha:biggrin:
Good luck with your application, I hope it goes well.

Lily
Reply 10
Has anyone heard back from McGill yet about offers/rejections? Or does anyone know when international students (I’m from UK) will begin to hear back?

Thanks,
Lily:smile:
Hi

Did McGill ask you for your predicteds or did your school just send them? Because they've only asked for my high school transcript which I submitted 2 months ago
Reply 12
Hi! My predicted grades formed part of my transcript, they weren’t a separate document. I uploaded them myself a few months ago.
Hello, I’m a Mcgill applicant as well; I haven’t received any response yet. Has anyone?
Reply 14
Original post by Khaledskaik
Hello, I’m a Mcgill applicant as well; I haven’t received any response yet. Has anyone?

Hi - I haven’t heard back yet either.
Is your application’s status still ready for review?
Reply 16

i just heard back today!
What program have u applied to?
Original post by axel23
i just heard back today!

What program have you applied to?
Reply 19
What program have you applied to?

Bachelor of Arts

Quick Reply

Latest