Student2911S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study A Levels at home and was wondering how I would go about doing it. I’m with the CCEA Exam Board. Any advice on all aspects, entering for exams, would be much appreciated.

I completed my GCSE’s and did relatively well achieving 3 A* 2A and 4 B’s.
I want to pursue a law degree in University so I returned to my school for 6th form choosing Maths, History, Chemistry, Biology.
But I would prefer to work at home, self teaching it.
I’ve been having issues with the school environment. Even during GCSE’s I’ve always felt depressed and out of place. Making it through a day always feels like a moumental effort. It isn’t somewhere I want to spend the next two years.
But I do want to go to University and sit my A Levels. I’m under no illusions that self-teaching 4 A Levels will be easy and I know that I could very easily fall behind if I don’t put effort in. But I have a good work ethic and am very highly motivated. Any advice on how to proceed?
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I also plan on doing my A-Levels home study, I was going to do them through a distant learning site but they're just rip offs, so I'm ordering the text books, reading, making notes on my Tablet and just overall planning accordingly based on my schedule and timetable throughout the week, from the start just buy the necessary text books for the exam board and subject obvs and then plan how much you want or can do a day, and leave a few months of revision before the exams.

I'm doing Psychology, Philosophy and RS, and actually I was in a sixth form this year but I dropped out since I couldn't see what the point was, I mean I could just study at home without the social pressures lol, so I did and I am.

Last piece of advice is to just relax actually, take your time, organise how much you want to do in a day, find out when you want to study during the day and just do it, good luck
Suniya.m05
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by username3444162)
Hi, I also plan on doing my A-Levels home study, I was going to do them through a distant learning site but they're just rip offs, so I'm ordering the text books, reading, making notes on my Tablet and just overall planning accordingly based on my schedule and timetable throughout the week, from the start just buy the necessary text books for the exam board and subject obvs and then plan how much you want or can do a day, and leave a few months of revision before the exams.

I'm doing Psychology, Philosophy and RS, and actually I was in a sixth form this year but I dropped out since I couldn't see what the point was, I mean I could just study at home without the social pressures lol, so I did and I am.

Last piece of advice is to just relax actually, take your time, organise how much you want to do in a day, find out when you want to study during the day and just do it, good luck
Can I ask how you get your UCAS references and how you would go about predicted grades and generally applying to uni as I’m considering dropping sixth form.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (114)
51.82%
No (106)
48.18%

Watched Threads