The Student Room Group

Change in course details

Hi

I am having a lot of trouble understanding what to do so please read and recommend

I study full-time buisness:

2016-17: 1st year completed. No issues.

2017-18: 2nd year. Failed.

Will need to repeat the yeaar where i will resit TWO MODULES. University says it will be PART-TIME (previous year was full-time) and I will only study from JANUARY 2019 - MAY 2019

2018-19: 2nd Year repeat (part-time) as mentioned above Only jan 19-may19)

I had already applied to SF as i assumed i would be advancing to third year and my payments were scheduled including maintenenance. Now I wonder what i need to do.
-----------------------
Am i still eligible to student finance in this repeat year?

Will it be less as i am studying less modules?

will i be entitle to maintenance loan?

If so, when will the money come, will it be in January when I start?

Will this disqualify me from 3rd year student finance? 3rd year will be return to full-time study.

How do i apply?

Please help me out :/
Hi

You have said your university are classing you as a Part Time student for your repeat portion, the funding you can be awarded will change depending on wether your university will class you as a 'Full time student studying on a part time basis' or just a 'Part time student'

If you are classed as 'Full time student studying on a part time basis' you would still be entitled to receive funding however, funding would be pro-rated based on the length of time you stated you would be there. If you start in January, you would receive any funding then.

If you are 'part time student' your full time application would need to be cancelled and you would need to reapply for your tuition fees only for the time you spend studying. If you are classed as part time, you will not be eligible to receive a Maintenance Loan.

Based on the information you have provided, this should not impact your funding for your 3rd year of your course.

Thanks
Gerard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending