Is Lancaster a good uni?

Watch this thread
ZsDeividas
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, so i was researching into some universities and looked at Lancaster. If any of you go there or have an idea about the uni then any information is appreciated. Thanks!
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ZsDeividas)
Hey, so i was researching into some universities and looked at Lancaster. If any of you go there or have an idea about the uni then any information is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi there, :wavey:

I am Rebecca, a current Marketing Management student at Lancaster University.

It is fantastic to hear you are interested in Lancaster University! I am thrilled to be studying here and can't wait to go into my Second Year.

Have you visited yet? If not, I would thoroughly recommend doing so as you will get a chance to explore the campus and meet current students like myself. You can find out more about visiting campus here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/ope...-campus-tours/. I personally found Open Days really insightful and I managed to get a good indication of life at each University and this led to me picking the best University and course for me. You will be spending a few years at your chosen institution so it is great you are researching your options. What course are you looking at studying?

We are a collegiate University which comprises of eight Undergraduate Colleges and one Graduate College, all of which are unique in their own right and have varied accommodation, social spaces and their own bars - so there is always lots happening on campus! We also have a cinema, theatre and plenty of restaurants, banks, cafes and shops on campus but if you fancy going off campus then the City Centre is easily accessible from the Underpass on Campus and only takes about 10/15 mins on the bus.

I think it is essential to look at the reputation of the University, teaching, research and employability too and this is one of the reasons that led me to picking Lancaster University as there is fantastic support. Coupled with fantastic graduate prospects, amazing facilities and currently being The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2018, to answer your question, I believe Lancaster University is a great University!!

If you have any specific questions about studying at Lancaster University then please get in touch and I would be happy to help!

Good luck with your studies ,

Rebecca

LUMS Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (53)
69.74%
In the post (3)
3.95%
Text (10)
13.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
13.16%

Watched Threads