The Student Room Group

Time off at McDonalds?

Okay so I recently got a job at Mcdonalds and it's my third weekend of work as I only do part time, on weekends.
The thing is my uncle's coming down from france for the 29th, only for a day and i've neevr met him.
I would love to take the day off, but because i'm such a recent starter (29th will be my fourth weekend), i don't know if i should.

Would they allow it?
Yes! I’ve been working at McDonald’s for 10 months now. Just book it as time off on myschedule and they should accept it, particularly if it’s just one day. Submit it ASAP though because requests should be put in 2 weeks prior.

When I first started working there I was too nervous to book time off because I was a new starter and I ended up working my birthday so... don’t do what I did! Aha
Reply 2
Original post by saffarinda
Yes! I’ve been working at McDonald’s for 10 months now. Just book it as time off on myschedule and they should accept it, particularly if it’s just one day. Submit it ASAP though because requests should be put in 2 weeks prior.

When I first started working there I was too nervous to book time off because I was a new starter and I ended up working my birthday so... don’t do what I did! Aha

Oh really? I'll do that right now, because i'd really like this day off, like i kind of love working there (don't judge), but I also realy don't want to miss it.
By any chance would you be willing to kind of sort of walk me through it, i have no idea what to do or say, honestly I was planning on going in this weekend and perseonally asking a nice manager. That's how lost I am..

(and also just because i'm here, the other day, i got told by my trainer, to take a break, and it should be half an hour, but she told me to come back at 12:5o (my break started at 12:10), because there were too many people in the kitchen, and of course i listened to her, only probelm is now me nad a few others have a 'late break end' comment, because of this, and it's a bit useless to complain but i do like keeping to the exact time.
Original post by Kaaseon
Oh really? I'll do that right now, because i'd really like this day off, like i kind of love working there (don't judge), but I also realy don't want to miss it.
By any chance would you be willing to kind of sort of walk me through it, i have no idea what to do or say, honestly I was planning on going in this weekend and perseonally asking a nice manager. That's how lost I am..

(and also just because i'm here, the other day, i got told by my trainer, to take a break, and it should be half an hour, but she told me to come back at 12:5o (my break started at 12:10), because there were too many people in the kitchen, and of course i listened to her, only probelm is now me nad a few others have a 'late break end' comment, because of this, and it's a bit useless to complain but i do like keeping to the exact time.

If you go onto our lounge and onto my schedule (where you see your schedule for the week) there should be four boxes beneath your schedule for the week. Click time-off and select the days you would like to have off. Either have it as “Holiday” (which is paid) or “Unpaid Leave” (which is, obviously, unpaid). In the comments section maybe mention your reasons as to why you want the time off, as they’re more likely to give you it if you have a sincere reason.

The late break end comment doesn’t impact you, but if in the future you want to come back on time feel free to do so, they can always assign you or somebody else to another station. The reason they tend to want people to take extended breaks is so they don’t have to pay for additional, unnecessary labour. If you’re being paid but they don’t really need you, it doesn’t help them in terms of profit margins.

However, on typical shifts you will be given a 45 minute break (shifts over 6 hours) so the crew trainer may have thought this was the case for yourself unintentionally.
At our franchised stores, We do not allow holidays within the first 28 working days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending