The Student Room Group

Is The Monetary Unit "Euros" The Same In All Of Europe?

My parents will be going on holiday visiting 3 European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, and France).

I was just wondering if the Euros in those countries are the same, as in you don't need to exchange cash in respect of a country?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by lalalalalalamember
My parents will be going on holiday visiting 3 European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, and France).

I was just wondering if the Euros in those countries the same, as if you won't need to exchange cash in respect of each country?

Same.

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Same.

I wonder why that map claims that Northern Ireland uses the euro?
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
I wonder why that map claims that Northern Ireland uses the euro?

Some shops in NI will accept euros. Though it's probably not a good idea to use the currency on a regular basis, as you'd probably be subject to the global standard "stupid tourist" tax. :smile:
Original post by Dez
Some shops in NI will accept euros. Though it's probably not a good idea to use the currency on a regular basis, as you'd probably be subject to the global standard "stupid tourist" tax. :smile:

Euros are pretty widely accepted in London, especially in dept stores and so on - but they also give a generally poor exchange rate. Probably London should also be marked green on the map.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Euros are pretty widely accepted in London, especially in dept stores and so on - but they also give a generally poor exchange rate. Probably London should also be marked green on the map.

If only...

Quick Reply

Latest