The Student Room Group

Imperial College deleted (?) their previous witty talk on personal statements

Does anyone remember on ICL's youtube channel there was a talk with a really witty woman on personal statements, it almost felt like a stand-up comedy gig. She brought with her some really really bad personal statements and read them to the crowd, and she also brought with her a few really good personal statements to highlight the key that was done right.

Well I wanted to rewatch that talk today so I went on youtube, typed "Imperial College London How to write an excellent personal statement" (that was the name of the talk), and I notice: The talk isn't there anymore! It seems to have been deleted or unlisted! I can't confirm the latter right now, I need to search in the depths of my chrome history on my windows partition (currently on arch), but still, why delete it?!?! It was such a great talk! It's such a real shame they just straight up deleted it and replaced it with some boring guy who doesn't have a fraction of the charisma of the previous person who was presenting! The content may be newer, sure, but they missed the point entirely! We loved that talk because of the atmosphere!

I tried searching on the web archive, ICL's talk archive and google, but wasn't able to find anything. I went back 3 months in my youtube search history to find that I did indeed search once for "imperial college personal statements", confirming that I did search out for that video once, but I went back 3 months in my watch history and nothing from ICL was in there. It's a shame, they delete a video and it silently gets erased from your watch history, like how they remove people from an old photograph to forget it ever happened.

I tweeted at @imperialcollege on twitter and I left a comment on the new youtube video. I don't know if there's anything more I can do to get them to reply :ashamed2:

Anyone know if there's anything else I can do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending